Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 307077787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Any 50 year old members out there?? Come on in and say hi

IslanderNL is offline ADBB Adventurer

Default Re: Any 50 year old members out there?? Come on in and say hi

I'm hanging in there too. Looks like we're at similar points in weight loss blueberrylady, you're a bit ahead of me . I tend to lose around a pound or so a week, but then have weeks on end when nothing happens. I just accept it and keep eating as I should. I think I've gone past the point of cravings for things and with my husband always having treats in the house, that's likely a good thing! But I did make some low carb almond meal cinnamon rolls today with cream cheese icing. Oh my....they are soooo good and likely dangerous, even if only 4 carbs each. I ate two today, now must freeze the rest so I won't be tempted!

I've been trying to get back to running, but my left knee causes problems, not really sure why. It doesn't like the longer runs, so I'm back to walking for a few days now and then to give it a rest. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise and have to force myself to get on the treadmill. I have an elliptical machine too but really dislike it, just kills my legs.

Lots of snow here too this year and so cold too. I wish it would warm up a bit, I'm tired of winter already.

I'm in count down mode for the birth of my second grandchild at the end of February. My daughter's had a long emotional journey to get to this, so fingers crossed all goes well. Poor girl has developed Bell's Palsy now and very very slowly seeing improvements. Hopefully once the baby is born, it will resolve itselve. She's in Saskatchewan and I in Newfoundland, so quite a distance to cover. I'll fly up when the baby is born and see them all then.

For now, its back to painting again. I'm an artist as well as having a day job, so it keeps me pretty busy. If anyone is interested, you can see some of my work on my website.

In Maintenance - Goal Reached June 1, 2013

2. # ADS
    Sponsor : Circuit advertisement

I'm glad to hear that you're still doing well on the diet, Neil, and I know what you mean about the nuts being hard to resist because I really like my pecans too but I have to be sure to measure out a portion and put the rest away before I start eating any....if the bag is still sitting there, I am too tempted to have some more! So you fly? My dh used to but gave it up because he belonged to a club that owned the plane and everytime he had time to fly, someone else had it out.

Islander, your cinnamon rolls sound delish, can you share the recipe? I'm sorry to hear that you're having knee problems too.....they are so annoying because they interfer with everything we try to do. I hope yours feels better soon.

I also have a love/hate relationship with exercise. I used to lift weights alot 20 years ago but the routines got to be so boring that I quit for the most part. I still do them once in awhile, usually when my back is bothering me. I wish I could get back into doing them because I always feel so good afterwards but it's that part of getting started that I can't seem to do. I have the opposite problem that you do with the machines....I love my elliptical but the treadmill hurts my knee. I do have to do 5 minutes of really good stretching before I start though or my legs hurt too.

I have 11 people coming for dinner tonight so I'm roasting a ham and making Dotties Green Bean Casserole. Everyone else will bring things but at least I know I will have things I can eat too.

Have a great Sunday!
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction." George Lorimer

X 44 X 59 X10

IslanderNL is offline ADBB Adventurer

Yes, nuts are a challenge. I take a few at a time and have the rest stashed away, out of sight so I'm not tempted. Almonds and macadamias are my favourites, but they can easily push up my pounds if I'm not careful.
    The cinnamon rolls are amazing. I tweaked the recipe as I didn't have the fancy sweeteners or the protein powder. I substituted ground chia seeds for the protein powder and used regular splenda for the sweetener and lots of cinnamon. The dough is very sticky but after baking is perfect. As I said, I've had a few this weekend then put the rest in the freezer and they could be my downfall too! Here's the link to the recipe.

I did my walk on the treadmill on Saturday, but nothing on Sunday. I usually end up walking or running every second day. Fitting it all in is the challenge. I'm up early each morning to get some painting time in before I go to work then don't always have the energy to get on the treadmill at the end of the day, but I try.

11 people for dinner! that's a houseful, you'll be kept hopping. The ham and casserole sound good. I love ham. And green beans I make this chinese style version. I found a local chinese buffet restaurant that allows me to eat out beautifully, so many things to choose from that fit my needs for low carb and some green beans were one of them. I swear I'm the only person eating them there, as everyone else has their plate piled high with carby stuff it seems. So I decided to play around and recreate the beans at home. Its very simple and quick and tastes great. Lightly saute beans in a large frying pan with a lid, garlic, salt, & pepper, add about 1/4 cup of water and a few splashes of soy sauce with a package of sweetener or a splash of liquid sweetener and let them steam for 10 minutes or so with the lid on. Soooooooooo good.

Enjoy your Monday!

In Maintenance - Goal Reached June 1, 2013

Hi Islander! Thanks for the recipes.....I'm going to try them both. I'm hoping dh will like the cinnamon rolls enough that I can make them instead of some of the other things he eats. He's not on Atkins but I feed him as much of my allowed foods as possible.

I've been sick since Sunday with larnygitis, a headache and stiff neck so haven't been online much. I've feeling better today although I still have a cough that keeps me worn out.

I hope you're doing well.

"You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction." George Lorimer

X 44 X 59 X10

neilmurg is offline New Member

Images

I shall try the cinnamon rolls as well, just got the ingredients, a little project for my daughter and I tonight. Thanks for the recipe and heads up.

S217C198.4G187 2 Jan 13

neilmurg android/tapatalk HD
    Last edited by neilmurg; January 31st, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

nixnay is offline ADBB Amateur

51 years young here. but maybe a little challenged cuz for the life of me i cant figure out where you input your avatar or how to make a sig line....i am a newbie and just trying to move around this website but i like the idea of this thread because i think being over 50 makes it real hard to lose weight. and if you are a female you got all that other hormone guk going on. blah! ive checked out a couple atkins websites and i like this one the best...it rocks!
    nixnay
    ps, what is linda's site? derr

Images

Quote Originally Posted by nixnay View Post
    51 years young here. but maybe a little challenged cuz for the life of me i cant figure out where you input your avatar or how to make a sig line....i am a newbie and just trying to move around this website but i like the idea of this thread because i think being over 50 makes it real hard to lose weight. and if you are a female you got all that other hormone guk going on. blah! ive checked out a couple atkins websites and i like this one the best...it rocks!
    nixnay
    ps, what is linda's site? derr

Go to the settings tab above, and then check out all of the options in the "My Settings" on the left.

​​
    Start 8/10/09 Loss So far -60#

A good Read--->http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...posts/9832.htm

Images

Hi nixnay, welcome to the group. I must say you sound crazy, but that's good. I'm quite new to the group, what are your weight goals, when did you start, how is it going?

neilmurg android/tapatalk HD

Wow, it's February already! Did anyone see the Super Bowl yesterday? I loved it......a close game and my team won, so I enjoyed it.

Today I'm making cabbage in cheese sauce, an old favorite that my mom used to make, and it really hits the spot in this kind of weather.

dh and I have both been sick and haven't been going anywhere or doing much so there's not a lot going on right now but at least I'm getting better now.

How's everyone else doing?

X 44 X 59 X10

Images

I've slipped a bit last week. My wife was away on business, and I had a few too many G&Ts, oops
    I'm going to get back on track with a couple of challenges (squats and press ups), and better discipline. Also treated myself to some aerobatics last friday, pulled 2g in a loop, so technically I lost 200lbs in less than a minute

Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 307077787980818283 ... LastLast

Thread Information