Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arthritis, Exercise, and this WOE (question)

losetocruise is offline ADBB Adventurer

Default Re: Arthritis, Exercise, and this WOE (question)

Liz Jazzercise is a national thing available in almost all areas. www.jazzercise.com for locations. I don't work for them or anything but I am really enthused about what it has done for me. Good luck!
    GINNY
    F
    264/240/130
    Eat to Live; Don't Live to Eat!

Aaaack! I am in perimenopause now and know that I am headed for osteoarthritis in my knees. Its funny what you said about your TOM and knees. Mine hasn't bothered me for two weeks and I just had my first TOM in a couple months, so it makes sense to me.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

losetocruise is offline ADBB Adventurer

Jill,
    If you don't already have osteoarthritis or don't have it bad you are on the right track losing weight and from your other posts exervcising too. You may avoid most of the pain. I sure hope so!
    GINNY
    F
    264/240/130
    Eat to Live; Don't Live to Eat!

hopejoy is offline ADBB Admiral

Blog Entries

Hi Liz,
    Wow! I'm so sorry you broke your ankle! and you've been doing so well! Well, I don't have anything more to add. The suggestions here are great. I just wanted to say that
    'I'm sorry you broke your ankle and I hope you feel better soon!' I agree too that it's important to keep a possitive additude and not buy into arthritis being inevitable. Sounds like there's a lot that can be done to prevent it... hope it all works for you.

Oh, just thought of something. I have been recovering from surgery myself. One of the things that really helped me out was listening to Belleruth Naprostek's cd's on healing, pain, surgery etc... the website to download them is Belleruth Naparstek's Guided Imagery Cds & Tapes - Therapy and Meditation - Health Journeys
    I couldn't have made it through my surgery without them. It helped so much, I still listen to one of them almost every day because of the possitive thought patterns they promote which help with healing. Check it out. It's really good stuff.
    liz

Liz, If you find that the glucosamine doesn't seem to be working, change brands. I have found they are not all created equal. I now buy the triple strength Osteo Bi-flex brand because I seem to get the best results from that one. Some of my friends seem to do fine with any brand.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12