Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please Post Often

Default Re: Please Post Often

One nice thing is that now they have knee replacements designed for women. Women carry their weight differently and stress different parts of the knee. They used to just make a small guy version. But I have been seeing literature on the newer prostheses designed for a woman's body and way of moving. If anyone is having this done I would be curious as to what their doctors say about the new replacements.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

losetocruise is offline ADBB Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by chinadoll View Post
    One nice thing is that now they have knee replacements designed for women. Women carry their weight differently and stress different parts of the knee. They used to just make a small guy version. But I have been seeing literature on the newer prostheses designed for a woman's body and way of moving. If anyone is having this done I would be curious as to what their doctors say about the new replacements.

Jill I am interested in this too. Lets make a new thread for Knee replacements because I'm sure that a lot of people are interested but might not read about it or comment in the "lets post often" thread.
    GINNY
    F
    264/240/130
    Eat to Live; Don't Live to Eat!

cookiecate is offline ADBB Admiral

A really good idea. I have such an awful sense of humour, I can just see the Monty Python silly walks people getting the wrong sex knee joint.

Seriously, I did not know this was happening and I think it is something a lot of people would like to know. It is quite amazing the number of people, male and female young and older who have had replacement knees. I will ask my doctor more about it.

I did it again. I didn't take my glucosamine on Sunday and my knees and other joints were really painful, that is the second time I have not taken it and have noticed that my joints hurt and are stiff.

I have started taking some green lipped mussel and haven't noticed any change yet. Today I feel sleepy and slow like a sloth could be that I am not drinking enough.

cookiecate,
    Have you tried Cinnamon supplements? I take Glucosamine and cinnamon as well. The cinnamon seems to have a noticable effecton me. I take 1000 2000 mg depending on hoe well I remember my doses.
    GINNY
    F
    264/240/130

I haven't tried cinnamon, my husband takes it as it is supposed to help with controlling blood sugar levels. However, since we have been eating the Atkins way he has no problem.

Do you find the weather makes a difference to your aches and pains apart from the damp and cold? do you find for instance when it is humid your joints ache more?

Cold, rainy weather definitely affects me. My doctor says there is no scientific reason for this, but that he knows it is true because his joints also suffer from the cold.

Not sure about the humidity. it's kind of bad, but with arthritis , there is always some level of pain, so you get used to it and don't really know what is affecting it sometimes LOL. I wills ay, since I've been exercising and dieting my joints hurt less.

I'm concerned about how slow the loss is. I do know I'm losing cause I am definitely losing inches. But since 1 pound loss equals 4 pounds stress off the joints, I want the weight to drop as well. My joints just don't care if I'm carrying extra pounds of fat or muscle LOL. (unless of course the muscle is right around the joints, I guess)
    GINNY
    F
    264/240/130

losetocruise, you seem to have done well 24lbs lost. If you are losing body size I am sure that eventually it will show on the scales. I know that I don't excersise as much as I should to enable me to lose weight faster.

Thing is when I have looked after the house, vacuuming, bed making, laundry etc. Cooked meals in advance because I think planning is one of the important things for this way of eating, done a little gardening, weeding, mowing, (nothing mad) looked after the dog and made a few pots of jam (after picking the fruit) I just don't seem to have the energy or the inclination to excersise except for a walk on the beach with the dog and hubs.

The doctor told me to raise my legs to the count of ten to strengthen around the knees and thats about it.

Today is one of the not so good days when my aches ache and my pains pain, I also feel fuzzy headed, don't tell anyone but hubs says I am always a bit fuzzy. I didn't even walk on the beach just sat in the car and took the air and watched the dog take a cooling swim in the ocean.

Had to start all over again. We fell off the Atkins Wagon and I couldn't keep my appointment for the doctor to check to see if I had lost enough weight to operate on my knees. I knew I had not lost the weight and rang him up to tell him.

He has given me a new appointment for June. Lets see if I can manage to lose it by then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123