Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arthritis is a real NUISANCE!

Keetje is offline ADBB Adventurer

Default Re: Arthritis is a real NUISANCE!

Hi Cate,

The holiday was great fun, but I have to admit to feeling rather drained after all that exercise. I forgot to pack my glucosamine and as a result the knees are pretty grim - so I can understand what you mean about your walking being affected after not taking it for a couple of days. I did a bit of beach walking while I was away and it is certainly good exercise (i.e. hard work!). We had quite an entertaining time analysing our footprints to see the difference in gait. I do not push off from my toes at all.

The weather was great in the NL - no rain at all, despite gloomy forecasts. I managed to get a bit sunburned, which was (literally) a real pain - am now looking for my green foundation to tone down the redness.

Great news about the doctor and the possible op on the knees - I am sure you can shift that 15lbs, no problem! - keep pounding that beach!

Keetje
    SW128KG/CW128KG/GW99KG (for now)

cookiecate is offline ADBB Admiral

Bless your heart you sound as if you need a holiday to get over the holiday.

You should be so proud of all that excersise. I have found that a lot of people give up and don't do very much blaming arthritis. To be honest when the doctor said the dreaded A word I thought "hello dearie, time to get out the knitting". However, keep on going was what my doctor said, get as much excersise as you can.

When I spoke to my doctor about what I could do for my knees he said I should do everything possible to strengthen the thigh muscles and riding a bike must be doing that. He told me whenever I could lift my foot and count to ten for at least thirty times. Sitting or lying but that would strengthen the muscles.

I know what you mean about the beach walking and footprints. My gait has improved and it would appear I am putting my weight down more evenly now.

Well my little red friend I think I can see you glowing from here. Very best wishes - glad to see you back safe and sound.

losetocruise is offline ADBB Adventurer

I have found the exercise to be the best help for my arthritis too. I can tell my muscles are getting stronger and I think that puts less strain on the knee joint. Less drag when youwalk if you know what I mean.!
    GINNY
    F
    264/240/130
    Eat to Live; Don't Live to Eat!

Indeed I do know what you mean, losetocruise, My drag has sometimes been the reason I have fallen over, I just don't pick my feet up high enough. Glad to hear you are getting stronger.

Khesan, I love that cartoon. I saw it years ago and printed it out. It's taped up on my computer table and I still smile every time I read it.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Jules831b is offline ADBB Amateur

Hi
    Biofreeze is excellent for the joints too, I get it cheaper off ebay. I can't take oral voltrol (diclofenc) as I have a hiatus hernia. As I used to take it for years before.
    I have OA too, have total knee replacements now from the age of 40 years old, and still get some pain from them, but not the 24/7 pulsating throbbing pain.
    Tablet wise I have a combination of Tramadol 100mgs and co-codamol 30/500.
    As I have OA in my feet and hands too.
    But try the biofreeze its great stuff, just wash your hands straight away after rubbing into the area.
    Best wishes
    Jules
    Start 15th Feb 2010 = 15st 2.2lbs (211.6lbs)
    5ft 8in tall & BMI = 32.1
    Target = 10st 7lbs (147lbs) & BMI = 22.1
    Second time at Atkins !

First Goal 196lbs -
    Second Goal 182lbs -
    Third Goal 168lbs -
    Fourth Goal 154lbs -
    Fifth Goal Target Weight 147lbs -

BREATH IN .........

I am going to see if my doctor will prescribe something like that. I am in a lot of pain now particularly late evening and during the night, the pain is awful like a skewer being stuck into my legs not just my knee it is like a toothache and goes all over my leg.

Yes my OA pain is the same like constant toothache and used to transfer up and down my leg also from my knees.
    I'm not sure if GP's prescribe it in the UK or not? Suppose no harm in asking.
    Good luck.
    Jules
    Second time at Atkins !

First Goal 196lbs -
    Second Goal 182lbs -
    Third Goal 168lbs -
    Fourth Goal 154lbs -

BREATH IN .........

Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I suffer from arthritis also, especially in my foot and hands, one foot? I found that water arobics and swimming really helps.

41 pounds down and counting

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra

Yes I know that the water really helps, but I don't like going on my own, maybe I should take the plunge as it were! LOL
    Your like me then apart from my knees I have it in my hands and feet and have had steroid injections in my right foot, though it doesn't last long.
    Best wishes
    Jules
    Second time at Atkins !

First Goal 196lbs -
    Second Goal 182lbs -
    Third Goal 168lbs -
    Fourth Goal 154lbs -

BREATH IN .........

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast