Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chinadoll

Thread: Medication question for someone with arthritis

Earl Grey is offline ADBB Adventurer

Default Medication question for someone with arthritis

Have any of you guys been on Celebrex and if so did it hamper weight loss?

mizski is offline ADBB Admiral

Default Re: Medication question for someone with arthritis

I thought they took Celebrex off the market because of the heart attack issues. I used to take it years ago and it worked great. I was trying traditional diets then so I can't say but I think it was the diet not the pills. I switched to Feldene/piroxicam when the problems with Celebrex and Vioxx came out. I was able to stop taking it about a month or two after starting Atkins.

Quote Originally Posted by mizski View Post
    I was able to stop taking it about a month or two after starting Atkins.
    Oh I hope it works that way for me! I was trying to get out of bed this morning and was so stiff I looked like a turtle on its back! Celebrex was under scrutiny for a while from the FDA (but they allow that poison Aspartame to stay on the market?) but there was another one that they banned at the same time. I can't remember what the name of it was.

I remember feeling a lot better when I was on Atkins, that's what brought me back more than the weight loss, I just hope this works out. Thanks for the reply mizski!!

mizski is offline ADBB Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    but there was another one that they banned at the same time. I can't remember what the name of it was.
    Vioxx. Boy that stuff worked great but the possible side effect of death was a big turnoff.

What helps arthritis so much on Atkins is the absence of grains and sugar. They cause inflammation in the body. It has made me rethink grains when I get to goal...I plan to not have them. I don't know for sure how much the lack of sugars helps. I suspect a lot. I have very little fruit so I'm also not getting a lot of sugars on Atkins. Something to look out for when you get to the berry rung. If your symptoms get worse, back off on the fruit amounts. Just a thought.

I hope Atkins helps you too. I think it may depend on how much inflammation is in your body...some people take longer to heal.

Thank you mizski!!

englelisa45 is offline ADBB Amateur

I'm using voltaren pills and gel.
    I just found out that I have arthritis in both of my feet and knees. I've been on voltaren pills for a while now and it works great. I was prescribed the topical gel just yesterday and it works wonders.
    All nsaids are notorious for weight gain. So I'm hoping the gel will be enough to stop taking the pills.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

I love the gel. Works terrific. You night want to look at the medical threads here too. I find if I eat a really clean diet including eliminating dairy, nuts, and yeast antaonizers (basically pretty much everything except protein and veg) my arthritis in my knees just disappears. No pain. I am not disciplined enough to eat that way 100% of the time but man does it work--I feel 15 years younger.
    englelisa45 likes this.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/