Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MzShiane

Thread: Aspartame ....crystal light?

MzShiane is offline ADBB Amateur

Blog Entries

Default Aspartame ....crystal light?

I was just wondering if crystal light is okay on induction. I am drinking my 4 bottles of 16.9 ounce poland spring waters. I figured that is good because it's a little more than the 64 ounces I am supposed to drink. But with dinner while every one else is drinking milk, soda, juice, wine, etc....I grab a tall glass of strawberry kiwi crystal light. It says it has 0g sugar and 0g carb, but I remember someone mentionig that we should all watch out for Aspartame. I have no idea what that is, and the label doesn't have anything ending in -ose, so I was just wondering if it was okay to drink it. It also helps me get that sweet taste. I'm not craving it, but its a nice alternative to diet soda or water. I've only had 1g of sugar, and that was in an atkins bar on day 7. There are a lot of rules to induction, but also many opinions, so PLEASE HELP.

2. # ADS
    Sponsor : Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Aspartame ....crystal light?

Quote Originally Posted by MzShiane View Post
    I was just wondering if crystal light is okay on induction. I am drinking my 4 bottles of 16.9 ounce poland spring waters. I figured that is good because it's a little more than the 64 ounces I am supposed to drink. But with dinner while every one else is drinking milk, soda, juice, wine, etc....I grab a tall glass of strawberry kiwi crystal light. It says it has 0g sugar and 0g carb, but I remember someone mentionig that we should all watch out for Aspartame. I have no idea what that is, and the label doesn't have anything ending in -ose, so I was just wondering if it was okay to drink it. It also helps me get that sweet taste. I'm not craving it, but its a nice alternative to diet soda or water. I've only had 1g of sugar, and that was in an atkins bar on day 7. There are a lot of rules to induction, but also many opinions, so PLEASE HELP.
    Dr. Atkins said to avoid aspartame. He didn't go into it in the 2002 book, but in the 1992 book he wrote that some of his patients stopped losing weight or had slower loss while using 3 or more servings of aspartame daily. When they cut the aspartame out of their menus, their weight loss resumed. That's why all the sugar substitutes are limited to 3 servings daily.

Sugar substitutes are a "your mileage may vary" thing. For some people, sugar substitutes (artificial sweeteners like aspartame or Splenda or the sugar alcohols or even the natural sugar substitutes like stevia) do not have any effect on their weight loss. For others it's a different story.

The first 14 days of this Diet are extremely important because the results you get help you plan your Atkins journey. So it's always in your best interest to do it as cleanly as possible.

~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

it also would be in your best interest to stay away from the atkins bars. they can be evil

pamela's stats
    start date 1.26.12/4.6.14
    female
    46yrs/48 yrs
    5'5"/ 5'3" <<<<--- i almost died when they told me that at the doc's
    start 274/256 restart
    down to 193/healthy and shed some poundage. i'll come up w/ a number shortly

MzShiane is offline ADBB Amateur

Blog Entries

thanks very much. no more bars....no more aspartame
    Elizellen likes this.

Thread Information