Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much weight did you lose during induction?

rmfru96 is offline ADBB Amateur

Default How much weight did you lose during induction?

I have been on induction for 4 days and have only lost 2 lbs. I know some people lose 10 lbs in 14 days, but I don't think I will get there. Granted, anything over 5 lbs will be great. I had ankle surgery in March so I cannot do any traditional cardio, but I am swimming. I have a wedding to go to in August and I hope to lose at least 20lbs by then. I have a total of 45lbs to lose. What can I expect to lost during induction?

2. # ADS
    Sponsor : Circuit advertisement

Administrator Emeritus
    Snake Champion!

Default Re: How much weight did you lose during induction?

It all depends on how heavy you are to start with. Heavier people will lose quicker at first than lighter people.

Personally, my first 2 weeks of induction was so long ago that I cant really remember how much I lost in that time. I think it was around the 10lb mark, but I was 260lbs at the time.

Rich
    260/234/180 Male - 38 y/o

It never ceases to amaze me of how easy and how effective this ***diet*** is!!

I am a long time Atkineer (if that is a word), but I have been away from the board for the last 3 years, I am now back full time. When I began my weightloss journey in 2004 I weighed in at 260 lbs. At my lowest I dropped down to around 188 lbs but have refound some of that weight since trying to do my own thing. Atkins IS ME and I am now back to work on my loss and also to be a pillar of support for the new and not so new members. I love this way of eating!

Ayria is offline ADBB Adventurer

Every body is unique, so no one can really guess what you're going to use. The standard answer to these posts I've read is 5-10% of your total you want to lose, but others say the first 10 pounds is water weight and agh its really impossible to tell. Two pounds in 4 days is great really, that means if it kept up you'd be down 7 pounds by the first two weeks. The best advice I can give you is take your measurements now and hide that scale for a while. Inches say a lot more than pounds since theres so much water fluctuation and stuff in your body. Just drinking water or eating adds weight, so toss that scale somewhere out of the way but take your measurements ASAP and compare that at the 2 week mark =).
    Restarting Date: December 9 = SW214/CW206/LW195/GW130 YELL AT ME IF I STOP FITDAY-ING

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step 22/F
    Mini Goal for my Bf's birthday, March 11th - Under 185 or Down 2 Sizes, I'm going to push that snail down that bar!

pladd04 is offline ADBB Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by rmfru96
    I have been on induction for 4 days and have only lost 2 lbs. I know some people lose 10 lbs in 14 days, but I don't think I will get there. Granted, anything over 5 lbs will be great. I had ankle surgery in March so I cannot do any traditional cardio, but I am swimming. I have a wedding to go to in August and I hope to lose at least 20lbs by then. I have a total of 45lbs to lose. What can I expect to lost during induction?
    Hi rmfru96, Welcome to ADBB. I just wanted to give you some words of incouragement. If you are following the rules of Induction you must have faith in the system because it does work. I know because I have been on induction at least twice and both times I have lost around 10 lbs. But you have to understand that I started at 285 lbs. The bigger you are and the more you have to lose the more you will lose during Induction. You are on your 4th day and I bet you check that scale at least once a day, don't you. What you have to understand is that your weight will fluctuate through out the day. And you may be losing inches instead of weight. Your best bet is to weigh yourself in the morning before doing anything, then don't get back on the scale until you are done with your induction. Also measure yourself and log those measurements so when you are done you can go back and see how much you have lost. I was a scale junky too and you have to break the habit. Good Luck and DRINK YOUR WATER
    Priscilla
    S W 285 /C W 244 /G W 160
    Mini Goal - 230's by August Woo Hoo Dave Matthews Band concert HERE I COME.

*It's the hardest thing to do, but you must think of yourself first before anything else can be accomplished. It's not selfish, it's the truth.*

rmfru96 is offline ADBB Amateur

Smile Re: How much weight did you lose during induction?

I confess. Yes, I weigh myself every morning when I rise from bed. After reading some posts, I am not doing too bad. I don't have fogginess, no headaches. I'm grouchy, but that's just me anyway.

I don't know if I can break the scale addiction! I will keep at it, do a clean induction and continue on to OWL. I have been on before but never clean, and never followed all the way through. I will this time! I am finally motivated to lose the weight!
    SW146/CW144/ GW100-105
    5'0", Female, 40
    Started 5/22/06
    Size 10-12. Goal size 0-2

boonie stomper is offline ADBB Admiral

Images

I've been doing induction since the last week of Feb; in 2 months I dropped 22 pounds. I wanted to lose more, but hey - it took me more than that to gain it, so I'll take that as a success. Still on induction, I've learned not to take the scales seriously on a day to day basis. The numbers go up & down like the tides; you need to look at the averages over a period.

~Susan
    53/f 5'7" STAC - re-starting 1-1-2014 as I pull out of 2 years of unbearable (bleep).
    Original ADBB Start 2-27-06
    SW222/11-18-09 @ 160-ish/went OWL & maintenance a long time - it really worked for as long as I worked it

I'm back... trying not to let the boss catch me posting
    "Goal: First you have to dream of it. Then you have to do it." Author unknown

HISTORY SECTION FROM PAST:
    Doin Miles, Flights, & Kid Ketchin'... 2 Ab Chal's; 6WEC#27 slug-Free; & more; 50# LOST in'06- but regained ~20# in '07 in less than 3 weeks! And again early '08 ...Was in HEAVEN -got to 150, for awhile, then got too busy, and gave in too much... and... OK holding pattern "keep it together..." then, ...Sigh ... I'll be back... life isn't always fair 10-07-09.................OMG how did I fail AGAIN

unFLABulous is offline ADBB Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rmfru96
    I confess. Yes, I weigh myself every morning when I rise from bed. After reading some posts, I am not doing too bad. I don't have fogginess, no headaches. I'm grouchy, but that's just me anyway.

I don't know if I can break the scale addiction! I will keep at it, do a clean induction and continue on to OWL. I have been on before but never clean, and never followed all the way through. I will this time! I am finally motivated to lose the weight!
    You sound a lot like me. I am also addicted to the scales. I wake up, pee, & go get on them. For me, it is motivational & keeps me in check. These past 10 months or so, before Atkins, I stopped weighing myself everyday, stopped caring about myself, wore sweats everyday & gained 30 pounds!! Ouch. The scale is a daily reminder for me...

Anyhow, I am just over 1 week into induction. Yesterday was my week one weigh-in. I lost 7.6, but I am much heavier than you. I say, if you are losing, then it's working & just keep plugging along. I will mention that I did take my measurements too & my hips are down an inch in just one week!

Good luck to you & keep at it!
    [font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]

angelstar is offline ADBB Advocate

Hide the scales!! Only get them out once a week and weigh first thing after you pee.

Please dont get discouraged, a week hasnt even passed. Weigh urself on the 8th day. I bet you've lost around 5lbs...fingers crossed!!

26 yr 5'2 F
    Did Atkins on and off from Feb 2005 until April 2008. Fluctuated between 15 st 1/211lbs and 11 st 1/155lbs.
    On different weightloss programme from 28th May 2008 start weight 14 st 11/207lbs.
    Current weight 10st 3lbs/143lbs.
    Ultimate Goal Weight 9 st/126lbs.

LosingItNow is offline ADBB Adventurer

I lost 5.4 lbs the first week and 2.4 lbs the second.
    I started after losing 4 lbs doing WW. I have lost a total of 20.4 lbs in 17 weeks. I am still on extended induction, so I am not sure if the weight would have slowed more had a gone to OWL, but Starting Monday I am beginning OWL.

As far as the scale, I am a huge addict too. However, I promised myself to stay off of it for the first two weeks (except for a 1 day weigh in). Once I knew this was working I went back to weighing myself more often. I think it helps me stay on track. If I have a bad day and the scales show it the next morning, I am more motivated to get back on track.
    Did you take your measurements? That is one thing I did not do from the beginning and wish I had.
    Lori Ann
    Restart 3/27/08

Height 5'2.5"

sw: 152.6/cw: 146.6/gw: 120

monkey is offline ADBB Amateur

When I originally lost around 45 lbs a few years ago I only lost 5 lbs on induction, but over the next three months it seemed like the weight flew off.. and stayed off until I got married that is! This time I am loosing around the same pace.. I'm almost done with induction and I've lost 4 lbs. Just remember everyone's different!
    Monkey

175/148/130

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information