Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Snacks during induction?

  1. #1
    Dougmeister is offline ADBB Amateur

    Join Date
    Apr 03, 2007
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Snacks during induction?

    What are your favorite snacks to eat during induction?

    I've been craving something sweet in the evenings, so hot wings and lunch meat don't quite cut it.

    Thoughts?

  2. # ADS
    Sponsor : Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    dream's Avatar
    dream is offline ADBB Advocate

    Join Date
    Mar 08, 2007
    Location
    Indiana - but someday I'll live on the beach
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Snacks during induction?

    Oh... try mixing an ounce of cream cheese, a little Splenda and some cocoa powder. It's a perfect chocolate treat. And if you put it in the freezer for a little bit, it's like a piece of fudge.

  4. #3
    WheresMeFeet's Avatar
    WheresMeFeet is offline ADBB Adventurer

    Join Date
    Mar 08, 2007
    Location
    Manchester, England.
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Snacks during induction?

    Mmmm that sounds good!

    I don't use splenda so maybe I will have to buy some and try it!

    Oooo meant to say try mange tout...out of your veg allowance. They are lovely and sweet and crispy!


    Cathy,
    XoXoX
    Starting Date: 02/03/09

    SW: LBS
    CW: LBS

    9/03/09-lbs
    16/03/09-lbs
    23/03/09-lbs




    No final goal as yet! Just mini's, 1lb at a time!

    5ft 4" - Female, 35Yrs Young!







  5. #4
    Scooterjam's Avatar
    Scooterjam is offline ADBB Admiral

    Join Date
    Apr 20, 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Posts
    1,760
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Snacks during induction?

    Jicama!!! The new white non meat something or 'nother.....

    That didn't work the way I wanted it to.

    slice it, dice it, cook it, boil it, broil it, fry it, try it!
    Scooter







    Remember this everyday - Something Wonderful Is Going To Happen Today. If you live by that decree you will live life to the fullist.


  6. #5
    mitzimarie's Avatar
    mitzimarie is offline ADBB Admiral

    Join Date
    Jul 19, 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    6,067
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    240

    Default Re: Snacks during induction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterjam
    Jicama!!! The new white non meat something or 'nother.....

    That didn't work the way I wanted it to.

    slice it, dice it, cook it, boil it, broil it, fry it, try it!
    Hey, Scooter....

    Everyone talks about Jicama! I can't find it in the stores. What in the heck is it shaped like and what color is it?


    Mitzi

  7. #6
    Tonyboombatz is offline ADBB Amateur

    Join Date
    Feb 24, 2006
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Snacks during induction?

    Green Olives stuffed with provolone...it's a Italian thing

  8. #7
    Grant's Avatar
    Grant is offline ADBB Admiral

    Join Date
    Dec 29, 2006
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    3,441
    Rep Power
    227

    Default Re: Snacks during induction?

    If I'm dying or a sweet treat I take a small amount of heavy cream, really whip it good and add in some sugar free torani/davinci syrup.

    Another idea that I've never actually tried myself but have heard several people say is actually pretty good is taking some pork rinds and sprinkling on some granulated splenda and a little cinnamon. Might take some getting used to but it's a thought.
    Grant
    x25

  9. #8
    dream's Avatar
    dream is offline ADBB Advocate

    Join Date
    Mar 08, 2007
    Location
    Indiana - but someday I'll live on the beach
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Snacks during induction?

    Quote Originally Posted by mitzimarie
    Hey, Scooter....

    Everyone talks about Jicama! I can't find it in the stores. What in the heck is it shaped like and what color is it?
    (Hope Scooter doesn't mind me answering this.. )

    Here you go, Mitzimarie!



    Also called the yam bean root, jicama ranges in weight from a few ounces to 6 pounds. Its crispy white flesh is hidden under a fibrous dust-brown skin, which must be completely stripped off. Like potatoes, jicamas can be steamed, baked, boiled, mashed or fried.

    Unlike potatoes, however, they can also be eaten raw. Sliced into wide sticks, jicama makes a crunchy carrier for guacamole and highly seasoned dips. Cut up into squares, it enhances fresh fruit salad, absorbing and reflecting surrounding flavors.

    It is equally versatile as a cooked vegetable -- sauteed with carrots or green beans, stir-fried with chicken or shrimp, or simmered in savory stews. Low in starch and calories, jicama is satisfying, flavorful and nowhere near as strange as it looks.

  10. #9
    mitzimarie's Avatar
    mitzimarie is offline ADBB Admiral

    Join Date
    Jul 19, 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    6,067
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    240

    Default Re: Snacks during induction?

    Quote Originally Posted by dream
    (Hope Scooter doesn't mind me answering this.. )

    Here you go, Mitzimarie!



    Also called the yam bean root, jicama ranges in weight from a few ounces to 6 pounds. Its crispy white flesh is hidden under a fibrous dust-brown skin, which must be completely stripped off. Like potatoes, jicamas can be steamed, baked, boiled, mashed or fried.

    Unlike potatoes, however, they can also be eaten raw. Sliced into wide sticks, jicama makes a crunchy carrier for guacamole and highly seasoned dips. Cut up into squares, it enhances fresh fruit salad, absorbing and reflecting surrounding flavors.

    It is equally versatile as a cooked vegetable -- sauteed with carrots or green beans, stir-fried with chicken or shrimp, or simmered in savory stews. Low in starch and calories, jicama is satisfying, flavorful and nowhere near as strange as it looks.
    Thank you soooo much, Dream! Your information is very helpful... I hadn't the slightest idea what they looked like. I will try to do a better job searching for them in my "neck of the woods."


    Mitzi

  11. #10
    dream's Avatar
    dream is offline ADBB Advocate

    Join Date
    Mar 08, 2007
    Location
    Indiana - but someday I'll live on the beach
    Posts
    557
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Snacks during induction?

    They are kinda hard to find here too. I have one on the counter though and am ready to try it. I'm going to try it raw, everyone says it makes a great crunchy snack.

    Hope you can find one!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question re. Induction vs OWL
    By ariesdragon in forum Atkins Diet (Extended) Induction
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 17th, 2009, 03:42 PM
  2. Induction Menu
    By MagsMom in forum Review My Menu
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 14th, 2009, 05:58 PM
  3. Weaning off of carbs before induction?
    By thinkinthin247 in forum THE SPOTLIGHT INTRODUCE YOURSELF
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 15th, 2008, 12:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •