Thread: It's not working!

Alimo is offline ADBB Amateur

Default It's not working!

It's just not working!
    I'm not cheating. I haven't had bread, buns, cereal, crackers or any other obvious carbs..no fruit, only the induction veggies......etc. for over a month and I'm down maybe 5 pounds. I was on an asthma inhaler and went off that about a week ago...but still nothing (and I don't feel any asthma symptoms...I probably shouldn't have been on it that long) I bought the stix and I was dark once...but I know that's not always reliable... I'm so sad. I'm leaving on holidays next Saturday for a month (going to shorts and bathingsuit weather!!) and I really thought I'd have lost at least 10 pounds by now..I was hopeful for more like 15 though from what others have said. I've stayed on Induction this whole time too..just for that extra chance of losing more weight. Hmmmphhhh.. :anger Can anyone help me? :sadblinky

2. # ADS
    Sponsor : Circuit advertisement

2big4mysize is offline ADBB Admiral

dep breath I know you are frustrated but you have left out some importain info and I checked your other posts and you haven't given the info there either so

how many total pounds did you need to lose

what you doing for your mandatoru exercoise part of your Atkins

how much water you drinking

post your menus for a few days so folk can see what you are eating as your Atkins as we can over eat our atkins or have the proteins too high and the fats to low and not l;ose weight.

are you on any other meds?

Are you taking your vitamins and supplements?

Hang in there and lets see if we can tweak your Atkins and get you losing again.
    by the book atkinseer

[I]

Alimo is offline ADBB Amateur

Okay...I'm not on any other meds. I use my treadmill about 4 days a week. Run/walk. I do 2 miles in about 25-30 mins depending on how much of it I run...not taking vitamins right now. I need to lose 30 pounds.
    I eat lots of eggs, cheese, bacon. This morning...three of us, split an 8 egg omelette with cheese. That's it so far. Will have chicken, salmon, mushrooms (is greek salad okay) tonight. My daughters birthday party. I won't have the california rolls or the birthday cake! I thought it wasn't that important to measure during induction...you could just eat as much as you wanted of the limited things?? Maybe I'm just eating toooo much of the alloted foods?
    I gave up Diet Pepsi cuz of the aspartame but I'm still drinking coffee. I know, it's bad but when I read about other people's "cheats" they seem so much more serious than just a little caffeinne. I have been soooo loyal to this diet. :anger I'm not going to give up tho...just needing to vent and get some encouragement I think...thx :yes

spydergrl80 is offline ADBB Admirer

The last time I tried atkins, I ate induction friendly foods without abandon. I literally stuffed myself at every meal and ignored the signals my body would send me to stop eating. I never lost any weight, got frustrated and quit. It is really important to eat only until you are satisfied, not stuffed. Another thing you might or might not need to look out for is "frankenfoods" They are the prepackaged, low carb convenience foods. They are allowed on the website induction list, but not in the book. They stall ALOT of people. Do you have a copy of DANDR? If not, you really should get it and read the first 11 chapters at least. It explains the science behind the phenomenon and gives you a better understanding of induction. You can do it!!
    24 YO/F 5'9"
    HW267/CW247/Goal150
    Mini goal-220

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

2big4mysize is offline ADBB Admiral

A lot of people think it is unlimited and can eat all they want too. But if you read your DANDR DR Atkins explained he didn't mean to gorge on the unlimited foods. we eat only eough food to satisfy our hunger at the time we are eating and stop period no matter what is left on the plate room in our belly nor carbs in our budget. When we get hunger again we can eat again.
    Dr Atkins believed that with ketosis suppressing our appetites and the manner in which fats and proteins were satsifying we would limit oursevles there and all he had to do was set linits on the carbs and we would be Atkins weight loss dymamos. But that didn't happen for many many folk. Portion control on Atkins is about the same as on any other diet you have been on just the number of fat portions is greatly increased.

VIts are very important as with our poor choices from the acceptable food lists we are often deficient in vits and mineral and when you are deficent certain chemicals that are needed for various enzymems, precusor molecules and carrier molecules don't get produced and there is a chain reaction all doewn the line in body functions.

you are doinf well for aerobic exercis for your heart but weight loss usually needs more. As you get in better shape push yourself to get your distance and times up. Then we also are required on Atkins to do resistance exercise too read chapter 22 ofyour DANDR and get started there.

Caffeine and aspartame can cause trouble. Caffeine evokes the fat storing hormones in our body and we can't be burning it if we are storing it can we?
    SOme folk were stalled about 25% of the folk who were patients and/ or communicating with Dr Atkin's Center while he was a live from drinking Diet sodas sweetened with aspertame so he changed the sweetners to give all of us the best change to lose.

You need more water and if you read your DADNR Dr Atkins is very clear the acceptable drinks do not sub ofr the needed water are only after the water is drunk. Since you have 30pounds to lose you need to be drinking one extra serving of water check the FAQ topic about water and weight loss and you will never complain about it again.

So do a bit of tweaking with your Atkins and see what happens.
    by the book atkinseer

[I]

spydergrl80 is offline ADBB Admirer

The last time I tried atkins, I ate induction friendly foods without abandon. I literally stuffed myself at every meal and ignored the signals my body would send me to stop eating. I never lost any weight, got frustrated and quit. It is really important to eat only until you are satisfied, not stuffed. Another thing you might or might not need to look out for is "frankenfoods" They are the prepackaged, low carb convenience foods. They are allowed on the website induction list, but not in the book. They stall ALOT of people. Do you have a copy of DANDR? If not, you really should get it and read the first 11 chapters at least. It explains the science behind the phenomenon and gives you a better understanding of induction. You can do it!!
    24 YO/F 5'9"
    HW267/CW247/Goal150
    Mini goal-220

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Thread Information