Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sugar Free Jello

DizzyGirl is offline ADBB Adventurer

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sugar Free Jello

Quote Originally Posted by mizski View Post
    I worked really hard on that last year when I started Atkins. Now *I* control my food; my food doesn't control me. Just saying...

More important, I've been trying very hard to eat real foods. Let's face it, jello is a product that is vacuous nutritionally. Why have it? That's the important point here IMNSHO. Whether aspartame causes weight loss stalls is a moot point.
    I actually agree with you. Since making it through the first really tough couple of weeks, I've taken Jello out of my diet as well. However, if I hadn't had the Jello in the beginning I wouldn't have lasted as long as I have. That is more along the lines of the point that I was trying to make with my last comment. When times get rough and the urge is uncontrollable (and lets face it, we've all been there or we wouldn't have needed to lose weight) then I would much rather grab the occasional Jello instead of the occasional cupcake. Until my body is completely trained to eat only real foods, then it's really going to be a learning experience for me and other new people just starting. I'm sure no one started this WOE with every single bit of knowledge that they have gained now through their own trial and errors. Right now I'm in the process you went through last year and I'm working really hard to do the same as you have. Now I can go without the Jello. But like I said, I wouldn't be almost 20 pounds lighter already if the Jello hadn't helped me through the tough first weeks.
    "You must do the things you think you cannot do." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow... 45 pounds to go is a whole lot less scarier than when my tracker said 90 pounds to go!!

Start Date: March 17, 2010. Height: 5

2. # ADS
    Sponsor : Circuit advertisement

Spring Towry is offline ADBB Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by mizski View Post
    Actually, I thought this was funny. I've followed Linda Sue for years now and at times it does seem that the low carb community follows her food suggestions! I have the utmost respect, admiration and appreciation for Linda Sue so this comment is not a dig.

OK, back to SF jello (jelly for our Brit friends). I still have a stack of these little blue boxes including our regional cranberry flavor. I used to eat them a lot because I never broke the habit of having to have sweets. I worked really hard on that last year when I started Atkins. Now *I* control my food; my food doesn't control me. Just saying...

More important, I've been trying very hard to eat real foods. Let's face it, jello is a product that is vacuous nutritionally. Why have it? That's the important point here IMNSHO. Whether aspartame causes weight loss stalls is a moot point.
    I think some people just want to eat jello. I do it on occasion myself. I don't feel guilty about it. I am not weak nor do I have cravings for sweets. I just consider it an occasional indulgence. Slap my face and call me silly but I do it.

99.9% of all the food I eat is real food, a little jello will not kill me.
    I am trying, and trying,and trying.......

I am 2 dress sizes from my goal, I have been here for months now....

DizzyGirl is offline ADBB Adventurer

Blog Entries

Spring Towry, how much water do you drink a day? I really like your "I love my water!" icon.

Also, if I ate a little Jello right now I wouldn't feel guilty either. Better the Jello than the cupcake. To each his/her own!
    "You must do the things you think you cannot do." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow... 45 pounds to go is a whole lot less scarier than when my tracker said 90 pounds to go!!

Start Date: March 17, 2010. Height: 5

Spring Towry is offline ADBB Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyGirl View Post
    Spring Towry, how much water do you drink a day? I really like your "I love my water!" icon.

Also, if I ate a little Jello right now I wouldn't feel guilty either. Better the Jello than the cupcake. To each his/her own!
    I drink at least 2 gallons a day. I have always done this. I love the taste of it and the way it feels in my mouth.
    Thanks, water is my drink of choice above any.
    I am trying, and trying,and trying.......

I am 2 dress sizes from my goal, I have been here for months now....

brittn3yf88 is offline ADBB Adventurer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyGirl View Post
    I'm not a child nor am I an imbecile so please refrain from speaking to me as such. I'm well aware of who I follow and it definitely isn't you. Aspartame SHOULD (your words, not mine) be avoided "whenever possible" (Dr. Atkins, 230). He does go on to state that this includes diet Jello. The reason he states this is because it's his belief (not an actual case study, mind you) that Aspartame causes stalls. Everyone is different. If you eat Jello and your weight loss stalls or you find yourself craving different sweets, then stop eating it. However, if you are like me and your weight loss continues with zero cravings and zero stalls, then continue on. I stopped eating Jello even though I was still losing weight with it. My brother eats Jello and he's continued to lose 40 pounds in two months. According to Linda's site, she also lost weight while having Jello.

If occasionally having Aspartame is going to help some people stick with this WOE then they should do it. Proven point? Check out this from the Atkins success story site - Atkins Success Stories - Ruth Simkin (God forbid, it didn't come from this DANDR BB, I know. Shock and awe!)

You say that you realize not everybody stays clear of Aspartame yet you continuously come here and basically continue to beat a dead horse. Your opinions have been made and I've thanked you for them.

That is all.
    I personally do not think that Atkinsgal08 was tryna to insult you. She was giving you sound advice about the correct way to do atkins...advice that you asked for. She is well respected on this board and I would take her advice anyday...she's already at her weight goals. So lets all just try to get along and not take things too personally, we are all here trying to lose weight and help each other.
    [B]I will weigh myself only ONCE every 2 weeks

Starting Weight: 202.6
    Current Weight: 202.6
    Goal Weight: ?

Mini Goal #1: 190
    Mini Goal #2: 170
    Mini Goal #3: 160
    Mini Goal #4: 150
    Mini Goal #5: 140
    "If your not going to do something about it, shut up and stop complaining!!!!" ~ Yours Truly

Myfitnesspal ID: fordbrittney88

willyb is offline ADBB Amateur

I have had no problems with sugar free jello mixed in with canned whipped cream as a dessert. It really curbs my need for sweet. I can also tolerate 70% cocoa dark chocolat with 2 grams carb per 4 squares. I am starting induction today so probably wont need these until well into ketosis. I burn many calories at the gym so I also drink G2 powerade. Anyway, off we go towards killing off about 40 pounds by summer's end!

atkinsgal08 is offline ADBB Admiral

Blog Entries

Need???

Regardless, 70% chocolate still contains sugar and isn't allowed. Nor is canned whipped cream if sugar is a major ingredient. Atkins isn't just about the carb count!
    J.

Your life will never change until you change your choices.

Atkins since 2003, maintenance since 2005

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information