Thread: Atkins Bars for breakfast? induction?

katmatjesslogan is offline ADBB Amateur

Question Atkins Bars for breakfast? induction?

Hi i do eat atkins bars for breakfast while on induction people say it is not allowed but on the packet it says safe for phases 1,2,3,4 phase 1 is induction is that correct? and it also says in the book that you can eat them for snacks, but have been reading that people say you shouldnt eat them.

Is this the reason for my slow weight loss?

i have about 30 kilos to lose so i am no small fry and have only lost about 6 kilos in 4 weeks?

Good or Bad, or any suggestions.

I eat the bars as i am NOT a breakfast person and cannot stomach eggs, or meat or cheese in the morning............

Thanks, suggestions are appreciated

2. # ADS
    Sponsor : Circuit advertisement

Moderator/Cancer Warrior

Default Re: Atkins Bars for breakfast? induction?

Itr might well be thre reason for a slowdown in weightloss.
    The Atkins company website used to have a whole page devoted to peoples problems using their bars and substitute foods which basically ended up by saying 'if they affect your weightloss - drop them from your menus'

As to whether they ARE allowed on induciton - I seriously doubt this, as if you look at the ingredients you will find foods listed that are not on the allowed foods for induciton list!! So follow Dr Atkins instructions concerning Convenience Foods
    2. While any of these foods can make doing Atkins easier, don't overdo it. Remember, you must always follow the Rules of Induction.
    and from the Rules of Induction
    5. Eat nothing that is not on the acceptable foods list. And that means absolutely nothing! Your "just this one taste won't hurt" rationalization is the kiss of failure during this phase of Atkins.
    So if the bars contain nuts, fruit, soya, wheat, starches etc they are NOT allowed on induction and should be left till you reach the relevant level/rung of OWL when you can see if they affect your weightloss or not.

Look at our latest "Eat your Vegetables" challenge to get some ideas on how to get most of your net carbs from vegetables on induction
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...ges/115055.htm

Not sure how much a cup of induction veggies weighs?
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...p-measure.html

Quality counts!
    Always aim for unprocessed natural foods and select the freshest produce you can find.
    Chapter 11 [page 130] DANDR

. . .

SW290+/CW170/GW135 Premaintenance Phase F/62yrs/5ft 5.5"
    (Though due to collapsing vertebrae as a result of multiple myeloma I am now only 5'1" - but I refuse to recalculate my BMI )

Moderator/Cancer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by katmatjesslogan
    I eat the bars as i am NOT a breakfast person and cannot stomach eggs, or meat or cheese in the morning
    How about some chopped up veggies with a fullfat dressing of some kind? Or make some revolution rolls (recipes here Induction Recipe Basics (Induction Recipe Basics--More recipes added)) and have a sandwich?
    If you were having constipation problems and needed the extra fibre you could try one of the flax (linseed) recipes and make some muffins too.

Look at our latest "Eat your Vegetables" challenge to get some ideas on how to get most of your net carbs from vegetables on induction
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...ges/115055.htm

Not sure how much a cup of induction veggies weighs?
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...p-measure.html

Quality counts!
    Always aim for unprocessed natural foods and select the freshest produce you can find.
    Chapter 11 [page 130] DANDR

. . .

SW290+/CW170/GW135 Premaintenance Phase F/62yrs/5ft 5.5"
    (Though due to collapsing vertebrae as a result of multiple myeloma I am now only 5'1" - but I refuse to recalculate my BMI )

katmatjesslogan is offline ADBB Amateur

hi i also replied in my other post, where would i find a muffin recipe?? are they made with cheese?

Thread Information