View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Listening - 31 days

Huh? What'd you say? That has been my response to my body's request to cut the crap out of my diet for most of my life. True, the signs were always there. I just pretended to ignore them, resulting in the predicament I'm in now. I knew changes needed to be made and tried most conventional popular choices. I found them unsatisfying and not sustainable for a long term lifestyle change. Most likely a similar story shared with most members of this board with 50+ pounds to lose, I know I'm far from unique ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Fear - 31 days

Fear is an universal emotion we all experience intermittently but allow to govern our actions on a daily if not hourly basis. I tried hard to define my forthcoming actions as something else... laziness, procrastination, etc. Let me explain my reluctant actions first.

I have been a much more sedentary being as my weight would increase. Simple matter of mass x energy to move said mass around (I would have dropped last "m" but censor would have blotted it out.) I digress, I'm ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Knowing - 31 days

I know what to do, why do I have to force myself to to them? I got more exercise dragging my exercise bike out of storage than using it. I know it is a good non stress way to get so activity, but I find excuses. It is setting there waiting, patiently waiting. I will start using it, that I have no doubt. When I started this WOE, I told myself to be patient, things will fall into place when I'm ready for them. I guess I'm not ready to get my ride on yet, I wonder if it is the last bit of rebellion ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mobility - 31 days

My mobility has improved immensely since starting this WOE. Not that I had any debilitating concerns, just the opposite really... oh except for weighing as much as the lawn tractor in you garage. I was having personal hygiene issues (gross but true), items on the floor might has well been on the moon, I was starting to do the "teeter totter" walk instead of a regular gait, and those 14 steps up to my apartment were starting to be like ascending the Matterhorn.

All those ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Time passes - 31 days

How many countless Sunday evenings have I resolved to "get on track" Monday morning? Easily said in my past carb induced semi-coma from the comfort of my recliner, remote in hand. How many Fridays have I sat at my desk making excuses for why I didn't "get on track" this week and how everybody knows you can't start dieting on the weekends? A never ending "roundyround" of pathetic resolve and failure to adhere to the plan past noon on Monday. Each passing week or year ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Peer Pressure - 31 days

We have a exceedingly gracious and endearing customer who has made a tradition of bringing in a tin of sugar cookies every year at Christmas time. That empty tin has an almost religious aspect to it, we lovingly wash it and transport it back to her with a fervent plea it will be refilled next year. The sugar cookies are light crispy golden rounds of buttery goodness. Upon the slightest bite pressure they explode in a sensuously indulgent taste sensation. Truly a delight that if made commercially, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Decision - 31 days

I make thousands of decisions everyday, from the mundane to the critical all of which affect my life and those around me. A key decision I'm learning to make before stirring from my night's repose, is to dedicate myself to another clean day of Atkins nutrition. No quibbling with my inner self about why I might not be able to, just steely resolve to succeed. When I put that decision high on my decision list, it becomes much easier to consistently implement. Day in - day out consistency is the key ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Mistakes - 31 days

I've resolved to skip fast food conveniences for a monthly real dining experience. A good trade in my opinion as fast food was my personal chef for years. I recently completed my initial 30 day induction to I was fired up to celebrate with a great steak at a upscale steakhouse. Upon arriving at the Temple of grilled temptations with a recent fellow Atkin convert we were promptly seated next to the kitchen door in a half empty restaurant. Mistake one - was not demanding a quieter and more serene ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Control - 31 days

It feels good to be in control of my life again. Is everything a bouquet of roses, sunshine and happiness? No... **** no, but now I'm an active participant in the stagnant pool I had let my life drain into. I feel the new found energy, slowly but surely revamping how I interact with the world around me. I will hide no more behind the bastion of flab constructed by insecurity and self depreciation. The good fight awaits, I relish it !
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Shopping - 31 days

Before Atkins I would avoid shopping in a store whenever possible. I was a Internet super shopper. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to find a extended trip to a huge grocery store was actually fun. Found many induction item not available in my small town. I was literally a kid in a candy store, Atkins candy!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast