View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. It is fun to be able to stand to get your pic taken!

Ignore the date, I didn't fix it when I changed batteries!

We had fun at the King Tut exhibit yesterday... I feel like a normal person in pictures now!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Still on this horrible plateau!!!! Major Fustration

For some reason by body is not cooperating! I have been on a plateau for at least a month. I am exercising more and gone back to introduction, but my body dose not want to let go of more pounds! Arghh!!!! I am not going to give up I am over half way to my goal.

I know that one culprit might be Diet Pepsi, I was doing fantastic for awhile and then I always cave and have just one, which turns into two and then if I am at a restaraunt, the bottomless glass of soda is my friend. However, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Induction...

Today I go back on Induction.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 12 (I think...)

Apparently, daily blog entries aren't my strong suit. I've been neglecting my LiveJournal, as well.

I'm not expecting much in the area of weight loss this week. It's that ToM, and I just feel exceedingly "flubby" as I do some months. I've been drinking my water, and for the most part have kept my net carbs under 20, but sometimes mother nature simply isn't agreeable.

I'm going to try the mock danish recipe for breakfast. My younger daughter has been wanting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Grrrrrr...

Okay so today I went and bought a digital scale thinking that I could get a more accurate reading that way. I probably should have thought of this before I started. As my luck would have it....it's 8.5 BIG lbs. different. Go figure....how frustrating. Now I don't know if I should continue using the scale I started with. Advice pleeeease...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Still losing

Those numbers are falling back! I love it! I even have my friend this week and still weighed in 3 lbs lighter! Can't wait to get on next week.
    I've got to scan some recipes for this weeks menus. Planning is a big part of this for me. Without a plan I see how easy it is to reach for something quick and not necessarily good for me.
    Another week down.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Day 10

Okay. I said every day, and I forgot yesterday. I have an excuse for that...I was only operating on half of my bran cells!

Yesterday was not the best food day, and I'm not going to use my lack of brain cells as an excuse, but that does explain it. I was tired. Very tired.

My son had a stomach virus and was up at 2, 3, 4, and 6. Not fun. While he is no longer sick to his stomach, he's taking a second day off from school because he is still very tired. Poor guy! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. I got lazy and paid the price!

I hadn't lost a lb in almost 2 weeks and it's because I got too relaxed! Too many veggies. I got so busy with work and school that I stopped writing in my food journal What a boob I am! I know I need to be watched like a little kid. See what happens!
    Well I am back on track and the lbs are leaving me now!!! WOO HOO!!!
    It's so important to follow Atkins in the beginning. So important.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Day 8, Starting Late

Geesh -- it took me a week to find my blog. D'oh!

Everything is going fantastically for me, this time around, and I think it's because I'm being fully faithful to the Induction guidelines. I've already lost seven pounds, and so far yesterday (Day 7, Monday, 2-23-09) is the only day I've had any carb cravings to speak off. They were satisfied with 2 canned pumpkin experiments based on recipes found here and found at Sugar Free Sheila's website.

I'm sleeping well, no ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Another cunfused beginner question

Lost 10 pounds first week, nothing more past 2 weeks.
    Can one eat "net carb" foods durring induction periods and still lose weight or should we be on strictly no carb foods?
    We are keeping under 20 carbs a day but are eating items where we subtract fiber from carb count foods.
    What say you all?
    Categories
    Uncategorized