View RSS Feed

ShannonK

1. Well, Well

I was thinking this morning that maybe I should start a blog instead of journal chats all the time and imagine my surprise when I realized I had already started one! LOL

So, anyway, just thought I would post a Hello here and update myself. I am cheat free now for 25 days and on rung 3. The weight is oh, so slowly coming off. I could feel discouraged with that, but what is the point? It will come. Tomorrow is weigh in day and measurements day so that will be the true tell.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. closer - starting tomorrow

Hey gang, I will be back tomorrow! I am starting this WOL for the last time. This time I am going to do things a bit differently. I have re-read the books and I am going to stay on plan exactly as Dr. Atkins wrote it. I am going to move fairly quickly up the rungs, if my weight loss allows it.

Last time, I stayed on induction the whole time and when I reached goal, I didn't know how to eat right and I gained it all back!

Today, I shopped and I am ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. coming back

I have decided to do this - I have been thinking about it for a number of months. I have known all this time that if I committed to this again, it would be for the last time. For life.

I am recommitting to this WOL. I have not decided yet if I am restarting on Sunday or Thursday (various reasons) but I am starting!

What will I do this time? I will go through the rungs quicker. (by the book) The last time, I stayed on induction until I reached goal weight. Then, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. still thinking...

I am getting closer and closer to recommitting to this way of life. I have learned from Atkins over the years that it is a lifelong commitment and not a quick fix. Having reached goal before and deciding to go on my own... I regained it all back and here I am. I have to commit to all of it or it doesn't work. Plus, it is so much harder the second (and third) time around to lose as quickly.

So, I am looking at a re-start day of Sunday. DH is heading out of town, the big Halloween ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. my crazy world

As I am writing this, my heart is absolutely racing.

I am actually considering coming back to the Atkins way of life. It has been over a year since I visited here and I have missed it. My story is common, very much so.

I am 39 years old. I married my high school sweet-heart who thinks I am still hot, thank God. I have two children who have stolen my body from me! (can I still blame them, if they are teen-agers?) I am an American living in a foreign country and I am
    Categories
    Uncategorized