View RSS Feed

Kagi

1. The Wagon - Slow down, I want to get back on!

Well, it's been a while coming, but I was seriously derailed back in 2010 with some personal issues that totally blew me off track. I didn't necessarily go awry on my eating habits - but I certainly didn't stick to plan, either. And, while I've been able to keep my weight down to where I stopped - my recent Dr. visit smacked me in the face with reality. Seems my A1C is pretty high, once again, while everything else seems normal. So, basically, I caught it before my rampant blood sugar threw ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Kagi vs. The Pringle

Well, it happened. After all this bragging to my friends and others about "not having any cravings at all for the junk food..." - I found myself walking through the kitchen only to come face to face with the Cheddar Cheese Pringle Can. Once immune to it's wily ways, today the kryptonite seemed particularly shiny... OOooo... Shiny...

No! I tried to counter to the left, but The Pringle deftly intercepted me.

I tried juking to the right - but to no avail... ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Can it be? Impossible!

Well, after having a long "pause" of almost a month, I finally reached Goal #1 (or 0 for all the programmers out there!) of kicking below 315. I had dipped there previously, but until I can weigh two or more consecutive days at my goal - I don't count it. It feels goot! I'm glad to be here, but thankful that I'm just passing through.

I had started P90 with gusto. Went in 2 weeks and was doing extremely well with it, but it just didn't leave enough energy at this time ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Bam!

Well, it's been 3 or 4 weeks with me playing around 320. I stayed consistent. I stuck to the plan. I increased my water intake and started doing P90 (1 week down!) - and today, got up, 317. SWEET! Finally busted the 320 barrier! Now, on to the 300 barrier. And I will break it. Mark my words!

I'm in no hurry, however, since this is my way of life now. The stable blood sugars, the stable blood pressure, the energy - the absence of fatigue bouts - plenty of good things happening ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Yo, Future Kagi! Put down that dorito!!

Dude,

This is the Past Kagi giving you a wake up call. I'm on Day 6 of Power90 - and it's kicking my butt. Don't let all that work go to waste. Still, now that some time has passed and you have (possibly) fallen off the Atkins wagon, let me break it down for you in a simple little pro/con list. Here is why you started doing this... heed my words! Sure, I'm stuck at 321 and don't seem to be moving, but is weight really the only priority here?

Pros
    * Blood ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. 2010 - The Year of the Kagi?

Well, it's 2010 - and you know what's really depressing? It's the knowledge that I joined this board back in 2004 and I still haven't reached my goals. And no, it's not Atkins fault. It's not the board's fault. It's my fault. I jump off the wagon and then something usually kicks me in the gut to start back again. Heck, at one point, I even decided that I'm just going to be fat. Why attempt to change? Health? Bah. Girls? Bah, getting too old. Being there and doing things with and for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized