View RSS Feed

stephbob

1. Guess who's back!

I seem to appear once every couple of years, although low-carb still seems to be a dominant part of my life.

I can't believe it's been over 10 years since I first gave Atkins a go and got down to 134 lbs. I wish I still had that willpower sometimes, it seemed so easy back then.

Last summer I lost 25 lbs, got pregnant (with twins!) via IVF, and I was happy.

Then I lost my little babies and I've just tumbled off the wagon. But, amazingly I haven't gained all ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Can I come crawling back?

It's been almost two years since I last posted, and I'm surprised that I've not gained a whole lot more than I have! Currently 210lbs but desperate, DESPERATE to lose weight so that I can have IVF - I need to get my BMI down to 30 to start it, so I have roughly 35lbs to go.

I eat wayyyyy too much processed crap, and far too many carbs. I finished my office job in March and now work from home. I'm a wedding photographer but spend just 2 days a month actually shooting weddings and the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Doing well!!

I've put 100% effort into induction this time around. Since Monday I am down to 190 lbs from 197 lbs

My mum flies in on September 10th and I'd love for her to really notice how much weight I've lost I've got 18 days I think, so maybe I can get down to 180 by then!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 11 months to goal?

My sister has booked her wedding for late July 2013, and I am her maid of honour. Her other 4 bridesmaids are tiny, tiny creatures (size 4, 6 at most!) so I refuse to be the size 16-18 bridesmaid!

I would like to lose 70 lbs overall by then, which is just under 2 lbs a week and achievable. I hope. The only downside is that she wants to buy the dresses in the next month or so, so I need to make some effort for weight loss in order to get a dress which can be taken in enough if, no, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Another year on...

The last year has been awful. Things definitely went downhill after my post last September. My Dad's death hit me hard and it's only this last month or two that I've started to lift myself up, dust myself off and take a deep breath.

Right now, I'm 195 lbs. My eating habits have not really changed from the horrendous post I made last. I signed up to MyFitnessPal back in January, I think it was, and spent a week noting everything I ate, and I was putting away around 4000+ calories a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Doing well

Since I weighed in 4 days ago I've already managed to lose 2.4 lbs which is fantastic, and I'm down 5.4 lbs from my heaviest weight last week. I've switched my diet coke for water, I've been eating much better and I've been exercising. In the general scheme of getting myself back on track, I'm feeling positive.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Back for good this time

Hello, again.

To many of the people here these days, I may well be a stranger. I see a few familiar faces when I browse these days but there are so many people here now that I feel like a stranger myself.

Just a little introduction to those who don't know me, I started my Atkins journey in October 2005 at 170 lbs. By March 2006 I was down to 134 lbs and stayed at that weight for a while, until I went through a very rough patch in my life and gained a lot of that weight ...
  8. I'm still alive (just about)

It's been a while since I've updated, I know. Things haven't been too good around here lately. I can feel myself slipping back into depression and I'm clinging onto the walls with the bed of my nails. I don't want to fall back in, I don't want to go back to that.

That being said, I have kept up my gym visits (although I haven't been for 3 weeks because I've been on vacation) and I've tried to eat pretty well. I'm at 161 lbs right now though, so I'm up 6 lbs since February. To be completely ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Long time, no update

Wow, I can't believe I haven't updated since the start of the year.

I'm currently down to 155 lbs, I'm at the gym 4-5 times a week working out on the machines or just taking part in some fitness classes. I'm down a couple of dress sizes and I can see AND feel the difference.

I was exceptionally proud of myself last night. Every Friday, my friend and I go out for dinner and a movie. I won't lie, Fridays are my cheat days. I always end up eating some breaded chicken or ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Happy New Year, Happy New You!

Welcome to 2010, everyone! I've got a feeling that this year, that this DECADE, is going to be so much better than the last. It can't get much worse, anyway!

I'm kinda...stuck on the weight loss right now. I think I need to actually find some way to get the carbs out of my house, rather than lock them away because it's not working. I gave my cousin and her son 2 boxes of chocolate today. The 3 year old loved it, he was in his element! My cousin, not so much since she's trying to diet ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast