Blog Comments

• |
    Thanks, I know. I just have so much trouble covering up the taste of meat. I'll work through it.
    • |
    Hi grace, sorry you had to fall but now you can pick yourself back up. But DO read the book. Atkins is NOT about meat, it is more about fat and veggies. The correct veggies. And how to add things back into your diet properly.
    • |
    Grace, I know this is an old entry but looking at this entry you have a lot of things in here that are not allowed on the lower rungs of Atkins - carrots, acorn squash, etc. Have you read the book?
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by umm
    Please what is CLA? is it a a type of supplement? I really need something to help me lose the inches around my tummy.
    Yes, it's a suppliment. Here's the official definition-

Conjugated linoleic acids (CLA) are a family of at least 28 isomers of linoleic acid found mainly in the meat and dairy products derived from ruminants. As the name implies, the double bonds of CLAs are conjugated, with only one single bond between them.

I've only been taking it for few days, so I can't say much about it yet. I got mine at GNC but I've heard you can get it at Walmart.
    Updated September 4th, 2011 at 01:40 PM by liv (edited out links)
    • |
    Please what is CLA? is it a a type of supplement? I really need something to help me lose the inches around my tummy.

Quote Originally Posted by morimoto
    Hi Grace, I see that you started taking CLA. It only took me a week of taking it before my thighs and buttocks became so noticeably smaller that I could instantly feel my tight pants getting looser in those areas. Almost happened overnight. If you continue taking it, you will notice your pants fitting much better. CLA is not only helping you lose fat, it is creating lean muscle. Your body will appear to shrink faster than the scale moving down because the muscle you are adding will offset the weight loss of the fat. You will still lose weight, but you will lose inches faster. Eventually, the fat around your stomach will go away too. CLA will work differently for everybody but eventually hits all those stubborn areas.
    • |
    Update

Snack-2 portions cheese
    Dinner- 4
    Roasted chicken drum sticks and low carb cheese pizza
    Water-80 oz water
    • |
    YEAH!!! That's exciting. I have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks and I am holding out until the last minute to buy a dress because there is no schedual to when I change sizes. I am really glad to hear about the CLA.
    • |
    Hi Grace, I see that you started taking CLA. It only took me a week of taking it before my thighs and buttocks became so noticeably smaller that I could instantly feel my tight pants getting looser in those areas. Almost happened overnight. If you continue taking it, you will notice your pants fitting much better. CLA is not only helping you lose fat, it is creating lean muscle. Your body will appear to shrink faster than the scale moving down because the muscle you are adding will offset the weight loss of the fat. You will still lose weight, but you will lose inches faster. Eventually, the fat around your stomach will go away too. CLA will work differently for everybody but eventually hits all those stubborn areas.
    • |
    I have been cheating like crazy....but my body has pretty much maintained. The lowest I have gotten was 192 and now I am 193.4, it's like my body wants me to do well but I am not giving it what it needs. I skipped around and had nuts and had yogurt and wondered why I am such an idiot?? Just follow the plan, right? I can taste on my breath when I am in ketosis, it takes about 2 days after any cheating.
    I am on rung #2 even though I haven't done rung # 1 well. I am taking it very seriously and SLOWLY. I may be here for 4 weeks while I work it out.
    I joined the September Cheat Free Challenge and the September Water Challenge. Hopefully, I will stick to them both and do well. I would really love to see the kind of results that I had over the first 5-6 weeks. I also just started taking CLA suppliments (I read about them on this board) and they're supposed to get rid of tummy fat within 12 weeks. I am shrinking in the bust, the thighs and the butt but not my stomach. It makes me crazy.
    Good luck to you too!
    • |
    Hey there I have the same problem too. like this morning I didn't want to cheat but i cheated last night. I was thinking maybe if i had a few days i could restart. I didn't want to do it I think I am bored too. I have been constantly struggling with this. what rung are you on? are you still losing weight? are you still in ketosis? sorry for bombarding you with these questions im just interested and i think it may help me to move on to OWL as well. GOOD LUCK!!!
    • |
    Thanks guys. I am slowly getting back to where I was, I went from 207.8 down to 207.2. Not much change but it is REALLY making me think about how happy I had been when the scale said 205. I will get back down to it this week and work on getting into the 100's. I hadn't realized how close I was until you brought it up. When I talk about my weight I am alway slipping and saying 107 oops I mean 207. Soon, I actually will be in the 100's. You've really helped make me feel more forgiving of a stupid mistake.
    • |
    Grace, when you see those temptations take a few minutes to consider it. Yesterday we had bagels at work...my favorite. It made the whole office smell like fresh baked, yummy bread. I walked into the kitchen and took a good long look. Then I went back to my desk. I thought about how good the bagel would taste, thought about the day I got on the scale and saw a big drop and how happy I was, and then I really took time to consider whether it was worth it...was the 10 minutes of enjoying the bagel really worth not having that feeling for a while, continuing to be at this weight for longer than necessary, or even the feeling afterwards of being disappointed in myself....nope.

207, that is still great. You're only 8 pounds away from being in the 100s! Thats only a couple weeks worth of work, more than likely, if you really push hard and don't cheat. 190s by August 1st or a piece of cake? What is the bigger draw for you? A person can do anything for 2 weeks, right?
    • |
    I told myself 1 piece wouldn't hurt

On the bright side, now you know how much one little piece (bowl, cone, slice, etc.) will hurt. Don't use it as an excuse for self-abuse, though - that's unhealthy and unproductive, and you are likely to mentally beat yourself into another binge...since you're such a baaaaad person, anyway, you might as well quit and eat what you want, right?

Like I said, unhealthy and unproductive. You chose to eat something that tasted pretty good, but didn't do your body any good. Own it - then move on. You've got thousands of days ahead of you, with desires and dreams and expectations. You can get lost in either the past or the future, if you allow it to happen.

So don't allow it. Refocus, learn from your less-than-advantageous choices and do better going forward. It's the best that any one of us can do.

And next time that pineapple upside down cake is looking at you, look back at it and tell it you'll eat it later. Then get the heck away from it and get busy doing something else - talk a walk around the block, make your Induction-friendly shopping list, plan your meals for a few days, etc.