View RSS Feed

roundyround

1. Hunger

For the next 30 days or so, I plan on daily spewing forth my thoughts and concepts on my eating. It may be relevant to others or not... whom the heck knows.

Hunger is an alien concept to me. I normally don't experience that feeling in my normal daily routine. I'm very adept at preventing that particular incident. Yes, I call it an incident, an abomination to be avoided at all costs. I'm ashamed to admit how much energy I've spent planning every conceivable detail of my food intake. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 31 days - 31 days

31 days of marshaling my thoughts daily into a semi-coherent form on this blogging platform has been good experience for me. The reality of living the WOE daily is settling in for me. My initial exuberance has leveled off into a determination to put in the time and effort, so that a fuller and more active future awaits me. That the daily compliance with the Atkins nutritional guidelines will allow me to achieve the lifestyle I desire. The hardest part of a change is consistency, the passage of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. If only... - 31 days

I can't count how many times I've sat, sadly reflecting if only I'd stuck to the current fad diet. By now I'd be X amount thinner and enjoying life, instead of sitting in this recliner with crumbs down my front. What a load of horse@#$%! The only thing I was really lamenting was my inability to defy the laws of nature. When I consume with abandon, slowly but surely I grow in girth. One piece of cake, one outrageous meal, or one day of indulgence won't have a lasting impact. But string those indiscretions ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Resolutions - 31 days

Tis' the time of year to make a promise to myself for the coming New Year. No problem this year, I promise to keep doing what I've been doing for the past couple of months. Eat better, feel better, be better... It feels good to know my momentum is going the right way this year. Will I be in perfect adherence, probably not. Will I forgive my transgressions, yep been there done that. Will I start everyday with a plan for nutritional success, yep. I finally have figured out all the plans and good intentions ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Good intentions - 31 days

I've had 4 dozen cupcakes slowly disappearing from my counter since Christmas. My youngest daughter made cupcakes for her three siblings as presents. Beautiful delious looking little chunks of delight, ready for the picking.
    Have I been tempted? Yes, oh heck yes. Could I remove them? Yes again. Why haven't I ? Complicated. None of the kids would sabotage me, no doubt about that. My initial thoughts were to banish them, carbish outcasts from my home. But why? I have to develop the skill ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Relax - 31 days

This WOE is dependent on good planning and proper implementation within strict guidelines. It is easy to get lost in the details of compliance, while the drudgery of the daily routine increases. The call of familiar quick easy carbohydrate items increase to a crescendo. At times I just get tired of coloring inside the lines all the time. Pure and simple, I need to do my own thing at times. The teenage mentality still is in there after all this time, not at the forefront but still there.I've had ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Hope - 31 days

I've survived the worst of the feeding frenzy, commonly known as the "holidays". Yay me! Normally I would have a refrigerator full of leftovers just waiting for a trip to the microwave and then a thrill ride on my fork of doom.

I've got leftovers sure, but not the quanities or the carb loaded gifts the past holidays have produced. I'm starting to have hope I can make this work long term. The process of "fake it till you make it" starting to pay off for me. Hope ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Alcohol - 31 days

My tolerance for a few drinks (whiskey and diet Pepsi) has substantially degraded. Christmas eve merrymaking could have turn into dietary disaster, but my drive to reduce my bulk is strong ie: foodwise I was fine. My judgement is another story though. Everyone else had left to go to church so I had an hour to kill, I thought it would be a grand idea to tour the farm on my ATV. No problem until I decided to cross a 6" deep small creek that was 3 foot deep! Yikes what a frigging disaster. Wet, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Habits - 31 days

I'm definitely a creature of habits. Same boring stuff every day after day after day. Atkins has helped me change quite a few routines in my day, but the "to do" change list is still extensive. The exercise bike makes a great coat tree, diet soda still tastes better than water (also I love the way the bubbles cut through the post meal "film" in my mouth), and Splenda is a siren song call me to the rocky coast of all things sweet and delectable. There are many other minor habits ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Stories - 31 days

Oh the stories I tell myself, well stories is just a polite way to say LIES isn't it? Most people on a nutritional plan (one that doesn't everything you see at least) have enough experience to have a Master's Degree in Justification, I'll have you know I graduated at the top of my class!
    I know right from wrong, what is acceptable vs non-acceptable eating, I don't ever remember making an honest mistake eating something off plan. When wander from the path I do it with a great excuse at the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast