Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865 ... LastLast
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Mrs_S's Cheat Free Journal

fitandhappy is offline ADBB Admiral

Images

Default Re: Mrs_S's Cheat Free Journal

Hey girl!! All or nothing! I know right! I hate that. Plus the search for perfection sometime be disappointing. One cheat though.. in how long? You've been OP since forever! Today is a new day! It seems like when you start the day out right, it seems to end right.. Have a good one! TTYL
    Jami

2. # ADS
    Sponsor : Circuit advertisement

Hmmm sounds like a good discussion topic for last day of April.
    fitandhappy likes this.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. ​I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

It's got
    nothing to do with how bad you want it...it's about how hard you are willing to work for it.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by chinadoll View Post
    Hmmm sounds like a good discussion topic for last day of April.
    Yes MA'AM! I think it would be a great one!
    Jami

Mrs_S is offline ADBB Admiral

alright, i've got to get back in the swing of things. i feel totally out of sorts...lazy, tired, bloated. even my house is messier than usual. coincidence?? no. at this point it feels easier to sit and wallow at the bottom. but. i'm trying to climb out before it gets seriously out of control.

how do you go from being on top to the bottom so fast?? one minute (or two weeks ago) i am unstoppable and now i am having trouble staying on plan for more than 2 days at a time. i'm perfect or i am a failure..that is what goes on in my head. i was going 100 mph the other week. workouts were nonstop. and apparently i hit a wall. jami, i admire you so much. when i think of maintenance, i think of how beautifully you are handling it. i need to find that groove.

on sunday i was at a bridal shower. this is a perfect example of how to completely blow your eating. yes, i ate things i wouldn't normally have eaten..but given where i am at weight wise and in this wol, it would have been okay. i was able to eat asparagus, some summer squash, had a few ounces of champagne. some carbier things too...a dollop of potatoes, the chicken probably had a marinade on it. instead of letting life happen, and riding the slight ups and downs of my carbs/menu for the day...i looked at those potatoes and champagne and some insane switch went off in my mind that it was "over" now and "screw it" blah blah blah. from that point on, i made horrible deliberate choices.

i record (when i'm on top of things) everything on my fatsecret. everything. so when i feel that control taken away from me i sort of unravel. i weigh all of my portions, record every gram. and while i love it, it is also the demise of me because i get sooo used to being in CONTROL.

okay this is getting to be a ridiculous ramble. i am here though. i am reading and thinking and trying to learn from everyone.

Amalfi Girl is offline ADBB Advocate

Blog Entries

What you're describing happens to me at least once a year. I think it's totally normal. The only thing to do is know that it will stop at some point--you'll clear your head of the nonsense and get control back and feel 100% better. It's never "over," so there's no need to say "screw it" because you can't mess up a lifestyle. There's no end date or test you have to pass--it's just life. Every time you're hungry is a time you can do it right. No big deal if there is a meal or day or week or month that's not perfect. It's just another month in your life. You can't "quit" life! So don't worry about it. You're doing great. You have done such an amazing thing, you've inspired so many with your transformation. No one expects you to go the rest of your life without having an off period. It's how you get back on the tracks that matters, not the silly fact that you went off in the first place. We all do! So what?! You're amazing and don't forget it!
    skyy likes this.
    5'11" 32 yo Female
    Trying since 1/1/2010

268/220.6/180>

First mini-goal: 214 (no longer "obese" BMI)
    Second mini-goal: 202 (lowest adult weight)
    Third mini-goal: Onederland
    Ultimate goal: 180

Quote Originally Posted by Amalfi Girl View Post
    What you're describing happens to me at least once a year. I think it's totally normal. The only thing to do is know that it will stop at some point--you'll clear your head of the nonsense and get control back and feel 100% better. It's never "over," so there's no need to say "screw it" because you can't mess up a lifestyle. There's no end date or test you have to pass--it's just life. Every time you're hungry is a time you can do it right. No big deal if there is a meal or day or week or month that's not perfect. It's just another month in your life. You can't "quit" life! So don't worry about it. You're doing great. You have done such an amazing thing, you've inspired so many with your transformation. No one expects you to go the rest of your life without having an off period. It's how you get back on the tracks that matters, not the silly fact that you went off in the first place. We all do! So what?! You're amazing and don't forget it!

my friend sent me the link to this blog and i'm in love with it. if anyone has a few extra minutes, read through it!! i found myself really connecting with her on many issues. it isn't a low carb blog fyi..just an awesome story and the emotional journey of losing weight and living life. About the Hostess | Can You Stay For Dinner?

Images

Andrea! What's going on?? Hmm.. what sparked these feelings? What our mind thinks our bodies WILL follow.. When you expect success, your mind focuses on success So, Start thinking positive. "I WILL get to goal. I will maintain the hard work I put into this WOL. It maybe tough, buy YOU are tougher!"
    ugh.. thank you, but Its hard.. I struggle a lot actually.. its not all grins, giggles and bunny wabbits believe me. I have dreams that I sabotage myself. I worry that I'll gain all the weight back with friends. I obsess about food with having to know my exact macros, calories per gram for this and that.. crap, I weighed out too much.. put it back.. just ridiculous types of things. I had a better outlook when I was "dieing" than I do now.. so I keep going back to diet zone. I guess it will take some time and I shouldn't get myself so nervous about it. So, at this point I just fake it till I make it. Plus I go back to "eat today as you want to look and feel tomorrow" Do I want to have tight jeans?? UM NO! Do I want to have a puffy face from craptastic food? NO! Geez, I have a lot of quotes dont I, hehe
    All right.. this is funny.. I am posting as I'm reading each paragraph you post.. I JUST got the words "Weigh everything to the gram" GIRL! We are so much like its funny!
    Ok.. Back to what I was saying. LOL
    I think that Sunday you just had a fun time with the girls! There is NOTHING wrong with loosening up every now and then. Just call it a day. The next day is a new one and BAM! You're back on plan! You did not fail! You just lived!
    Jami

Images

Do You have “Food Issues”? I do. | Jen-Fit's Playground I ADORE Jenny Grothe! She's awesome.. her story is very relateable. (is that a word) She has a lot of the same issues that many of us have with food. She just wrote this blog post n 4-24.. very cool. OH! I just bought her cookbook as well
    Jami

Quote Originally Posted by fitandhappy View Post
    Do You have “Food Issues”? I do. | Jen-Fit's Playground I ADORE Jenny Grothe! She's awesome.. her story is very relateable. (is that a word) She has a lot of the same issues that many of us have with food. She just wrote this blog post n 4-24.. very cool. OH! I just bought her cookbook as well
    omg. just went through her list...

Up until a few months ago, I was in denial. I know I am speaking to many who are in denial right now. “Oh, I don’t have food issues.” That was me too. I get it. But, I’d like to suggest that if you know more about the food you eat than your kids’ homework, then you likely have food issues too. Again, this was me.
    Here are some things to think about. The average person wouldn’t be able to answer most of the following. My guess is you’ll be able to…

• What are your macros?
    • Do you know what macros are?
    • How does the balance change when you adjust fats and carbs down while keeping proteins high? How does this affect your body?
    • How long does it take you to lean out?
    • Does your body still respond the same way it used to or are you having to find new ways of getting the same results?
    • Do you allow dairy in your diet?
    • What about fats?
    • Complex carbs? Yams? Oatmeal?
    • Do you label some foods and good and others as bad?
    • Do you know how many calories, fat grams, and carb grams are in most of the foods you eat?
    • Do you sometimes feel sick to your stomach when you eat foods you normally not permitted in your diet?
    • Do you sometimes feel sick to your stomach when you eat before what you have determined being the appropriate amount of time in between meals? For instance 90 minutes instead of 3 hours?
    • Do you find you eat fewer foods now than you did before you began your fitness journey? And no, I’m not just talking about getting rid of the junk food. I mean everything in between – like avoiding carrots because they are higher in sugar – even though they are a perfectly good and healthy vegetable?
    • Do you have the same “go to” foods in your diet?
    • Do you dictate where you eat when you go out with friends?
    • Do you even go out with your friends anymore?
    • Do you sweat it out when you don’t know if you’ll be able to eat “on plan” when dining at a new restaurant?
    • Do you always pack your food when going on the road, on trips, or out for the day?
    • Do you feel lost when you don’t have a plan to follow rather than simply using good judgment?

I could go on and on and on.
    and on.

Thread Information