View RSS Feed

Bikinibound

Kicking off

Rate this Entry
I started this diet 2 days ago am down 4 pounds. My life isn't exactly stellar. My life is also very good, but right now, I'm going through another rough patch. I ask myself, maybe you're asking too, why do I diet during a rough patch in life. Well, I'll tell you, it's because I weigh everyday. I know. I know. You can stop right there with the e-mails. I already know you shouldn't weigh every day. However, if I don't weigh everyday, I'm not accountable. I can handle no weight loss or even a small gain knowing that I'm on plan. The reason I weigh myself is for validation that I'm doing good, or accountability if I'm doing bad. I'm usually surprised by how little I actually gained by going off plan. So it makes it a little easier to get back on plan knowing I didn't gain 10 pounds in a day.

So back to my original point. Why do I go on a diet during a rough patch? It's because during times of stress I overeat and getting on the scale scares me into action.

So what's going on in my life to constitute a rough patch? I'm still pining for a guy who absolutely wants nothing to do with me. I fell hard for him, he said things to make me believe that he wanted a long term relationship with me. So I'm out there in the dating pool, no one compares. I have 3 young kids, and I've been down on the fact that I'll ever meet anyone who wants to deal with that. I've moved to a better position at work, however, they are not training me at all. It's all learning by asking a lot of questions. They say, I may be up to speed in about 6 months. It's so stressful to be the new kid on the block. I get a lot of you should do this and you should do that. All I can do is pass the time until I go to bed and dream wonderful dreams. I know I'm in a funk, this too shall pass. So I'm treating this as my time in the desert... again... spending an inordinate amount of time in the desert... wow so glad I could lift your spirits...

Submit "Kicking off" to Digg Submit "Kicking off" to del.icio.us Submit "Kicking off" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kicking off" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: