View RSS Feed

Kagi

Can it be? Impossible!

Rate this Entry
Well, after having a long "pause" of almost a month, I finally reached Goal #1 (or 0 for all the programmers out there!) of kicking below 315. I had dipped there previously, but until I can weigh two or more consecutive days at my goal - I don't count it. It feels goot! I'm glad to be here, but thankful that I'm just passing through.

I had started P90 with gusto. Went in 2 weeks and was doing extremely well with it, but it just didn't leave enough energy at this time for running - which is what my ultimate goal is. So, I have "paused" P90 while I knock out a round of C25K - of which I'm starting week 3 today.

As for the WoE - not diet, because dammit, this is the way I'm going to eat! -- Doing great! My blood sugar hasn't been higher than 110 - and mostly hovers around 90. That is fantastic news for me, and in all honesty, has kept me going through the long "pause" on the scale. That, and the fact that my blood pressure is within normal range - and I stopped taking the BP meds nearly 2 weeks ago. I don't advocate anyone stopping their prescription meds without the advice of their doctor - but I was suffering some fairly extreme dizziness, and since I'm seeing the doc almost every 3 months now, I figured a 3 month stint would be ok. I'm sure he'll give me the riot act when I return, but hopefully with a solid BP - he'll forgive me.

The other benefits? Sleep. Playing with my son nearly EVERY day! It's hard to believe that I used to just sit at the computer and/or sleep. I'm very happy to be at this point.

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. Future Kagi - if you're reading this, hopefully you are at goal! If not, get back on the wagon man! Remember:

"There is no future but the one we make..." The Conners
"So make it a good one!" - Doc Brown

I love Back to the Future - as a side note. Here's one of my favorite quotes (there are so many!):

Doc: I foresee two possibilities. One, coming face to face with herself 30 years older would put her into shock and she'd simply pass out. Or two, the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

Marty: Well, that's a relief.

Submit "Can it be?  Impossible!" to Digg Submit "Can it be?  Impossible!" to del.icio.us Submit "Can it be?  Impossible!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Can it be?  Impossible!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's so awesome, Kagi! Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddmartin
    That's so awesome, Kagi! Congratulations!
    Thanks, man!

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: