View RSS Feed

liv

To run or not to run

Rate this Entry
... that is the question. Hamlet was sooo wrong. LOL

My daughter is writing exams this week (high school) and I feel nervous. Not sure what is up with that. It has very little to do with me. She works hard and does fine so why am I worrying?

I should run. That would take my mind off things.
Sometimes when I am trotting along though my mind works too hard and I find myself walking. I seem to be able to think better when I walk. Not a bad thing

Nietzsche allegedly said that
A sedentary life is the real sin against the Holy Spirit. Only those thoughts that come by walking have any value.
Nietzsche:
nietzsche.jpg
So maybe it is not all bad

Submit "To run or not to run" to Digg Submit "To run or not to run" to del.icio.us Submit "To run or not to run" to StumbleUpon Submit "To run or not to run" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I guess mom is having some anxiety for her little girl competely normal you love her!!Take a long walk and enjoy the little things you find on your way.
    How are your daughter's exams going? I get nervous when my son writes exams--they are not his strong suit. He does well in class work and then freezes up in exams--as though the material is suddenly all new. Whether they are A students, or average students, we just want the best for them. We want them to feel successful.

Your post got me thinking about my own running time and I think I do the same thing. I think less when I run than I do when I walk. When I run I tend to think about the rhythm of my breathing, I tend to be more in the moment. When I walk I do think alot more.
    Don't know Annie. She is not telling me that much. My daughter is not the best at exams either, she freezes and panics sometimes. We have had some talks about perspective. It is OK if you are stumped by one question - just move on etc but I don't think she is very good at that.
    I agree with the successful part but I think most of all I just want her to feel good about herself and not put so much pressure and get stressed out because she did not do super good on every thing.

I did go running. And did not walk until the end of it. So it was very good. I try to make sure I think about the rhythm too. I try working on some mantras (things that I learned in yoga) so that the mind does not wander toooo much and I actually get my runs in.
    I try mantras like left, right, or breath, breath or something.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: