View RSS Feed

sadie147

Just some thoughts on %'s

Rate this Entry
So something interesting keeps happening...regularily after I run (30-40 mins) I get a really really strong ammonia smell in my nose. I've researched it on the net, ad have found that it's the biproduct of protein metabolism, in the kidneys... which has me sort of baffled. my current %'s are around 30% protein, 50% fat and 20% carbs...which has been my maintenance %'s for some time. This issue has recently just started..and I'm not sure why.

If my body has run out of carbs for fuel (some days i'm eating 100g's), then why is it not burning fat next? seems to be burning protein. I'm stumped by this, and I've never seen anyone post about this on this board before.

I'm going to try a higher carb and fat breakfast and morning snack(I run around lunchtime).

Today it happened and my breakfast consisted of:

1/2 large avocado
1 cup soy milk
Protein shake
coffee with cream

Before my next run, I'm going to go back to my 2 slices whole grain bread with peanut butter, and maybe a small omlette mid morning. Or maybe 1/2 a grapefruit with yogurt for a snack.

Curious to see if it works...

Submit "Just some thoughts on %'s" to Digg Submit "Just some thoughts on %'s" to del.icio.us Submit "Just some thoughts on %'s" to StumbleUpon Submit "Just some thoughts on %'s" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

How curious! I have never heard of this issue before. Looking forward to hearing about your next run!
    test

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: