View RSS Feed

chilee1

Back in the saddle!

Rate this Entry
Back in the saddle again! Yup, I'm back in the 2nd time around club. Back in October a friend of mine and I joined a "Biggest Loser" diet contest with two other people, with hopes of being ever so skinny and cute for a concert we were going to in January... So, I did end up winning....Great part was I felt good in Vegas, had a BLAST and got some extra cash (no, not from the slots, I suck at those! From my weight loss winnings of course!) so it was a good thing. The bad part is that I completely let myself go after that weekend and gained it all back. I still "try" to stick to low carb eating, and for the most part, during the day, I do really well. It's the night- time- sitting- on- my- butt- doing- nothing- watching- tv- munchies that I get that messes with me. For instance, and this is embaressing, but I am sharing anyway, my menu for Wednesday the 3rd of July went a little something like coffee for breakfast, asian chicken salad for lunch (not bad, not bad, except the pineapple and the cranberries and the sweet dressing) and then steak and shrimp and baked potatoe from applebee's...and a skinny margarita...not too shabby...except I also ate half of their signature ice cream sundae w/ a cookie on the bottom for good measure...that would have been FINE except when I got home and was faced with my Harry Potter marathon what to snack on dilemma, instead of the veggie's I SHOULD have eaten I managed to eat an entire tray of red vines...about 6 oreo cookies...half a bag of my nana's tortilla chips w/ guacamole (i ate an entire package that is meant for 4 people, at least!!)...crackers w/brie...and I'm pretty sure I shared a can of STAX with my daughter...I'm a horrible mother! I'm a horrible person. I'm a horrible big fat no good cant stick to a diet loser. *SIGH*. I am my own worst enemy. But I'm trying to get out of that mindset and get back on track. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I have another private blog that I write my daily menu in, which is sadly neglected, but I find it easier to just type in what I ate instead of using one of those fab actual trackers that show you your carb/calories/etc, etc, because I'm lazy, so I'm going to start using this blog because I KNOW people can potentially look at it and well, that accountability and desire to not disappoint is stronger than my own will power. I am not sure yet how to edit, if you can edit, so I may have to rethink my "enter as you go" style and write it all down and post at the end of my feeding frenzy day. So, wish me luck!

Today's Menu:

Breakfast:
Bottle of water
16oz coffee w/two creams and two pink sugars

Lunch:
Boneless, not breaded, chicken pieces w/ wing sauce
half a tomato
half an avacado
Cauliflower, brocolli, carrots, and cheese
2.5 devilled eggs (3 half slices)
Blueberries (half a container) w/ 2tblspoons of cool whip
Diet Pepsi (20oz bottle)

Dinner:

Snack:
couple handfuls of pistachios, in the shell

Now that I'm 40, I'm getting a little concerned about my old fart health, you know, blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol...I'm trying to figure that all out, so reading what I've eaten so far I'm sure the caffeine in the soda and coffee are no bueno, as is probably the eggs and cheese...and I know the pistachios are ok but I need to cut back on the portions. I just read the nutrition label on the bag I ate, it's a 4 person size bag and I ate nearly all of it!

Submit "Back in the saddle!" to Digg Submit "Back in the saddle!" to del.icio.us Submit "Back in the saddle!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back in the saddle!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

the thing about biggest loser and the low fat diets is that noyone can do that stuff for very long. the wonderful thing about atkins is you dont need all consuming"willpower " when you are in ketosis , you will have to remind yourself to eat..so than you are more in control, you can be one of the amazing people on here who lost lots of weight. just reach out and get the support.
    also read the book , induction first (no nuts) you can add them later. and fruit? not yet, your setting yourself up for failure...meat and limited cheeses and a salad or 2 for two weeks, than slowly add those back in!
    Cool whip has sugar in it
    Quote Originally Posted by charmingphoenix
    the thing about biggest loser and the low fat diets is that noyone can do that stuff for very long. the wonderful thing about atkins is you dont need all consuming"willpower " when you are in ketosis , you will have to remind yourself to eat..so than you are more in control, you can be one of the amazing people on here who lost lots of weight. just reach out and get the support.
    also read the book , induction first (no nuts) you can add them later. and fruit? not yet, your setting yourself up for failure...meat and limited cheeses and a salad or 2 for two weeks, than slowly add those back in!

It's been a long time since I went on induction! I forget what I should and shouldn't eat. Thanks for the refresher!

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: