Page 1 of 145 12341151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1032Likes

Thread: Pledging Flights Challenge

Administrator
    Tetris Champion! Cell-Out Champion! Mahjong Champion! Bounce Back Champion! Mumu Champion! Zookeeper Champion!
    Images

Default Pledging Flights Challenge

INTRODUCTION:
    In an effort to become more "user friendly" the Pledging Flights *** A Stair Climb Challenge has been updated. Some things are obviously changed but the challenge and exercise remains the same.... pledging flights and climbing stairs.
    Calculations were not the best in the original Pledging Flights Challenge. Live and Learn. The calculations will be much simpler now. We're not being tested for accuracy and math equations, only for our ability to climb.
    All of the stats from the previous challenge will be kept but a new spreadsheet with current climbers will be created and I might even be able to host that spreadsheet so you can see the progress of each Challenger. I'll work on that aspect of it. But for now.................
    ------------------------------------------
    Got Flights? Climb them!

You can climb buildings, structures, mountains, craters, trees and more. The choice is yours with only a few "rules" set in place and very little math.
    There are awards for each option below so Challengers will need to post what they are climbing and keep up with their own progress. As in the previous Challenge, let us know when you start and finish something so your award can be presented and the spreadsheet updated.

Challengers can choose from the options below:

Never Ending Staircase
    Challengers will start climbing the Never Ending Staircase and get rewarded at the 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7500 and 10000 flights achievement. The only "rule" here is to climb.

Challengers Choice 1
    Pick your own building, structure, mountain, etc and climb. This is virtual climbing so the sky is not the limit. Go to the moon and climb yourself out of a crater or climb a mountain anywhere in the world. The only "rule" for this option is to pick3 climbs at least 500 feet each.
    For example: You might climb Mt. Everest, the CN Tower and the tallest bridge in the world, Millau Viaduct.
    Some examples to get you started can be found here >>>>> New Pledging Flights Option 1 - ADBB Pictures and Graphics

Challengers Choice 2
    Rewards should not just be for those with good knees and lots of stairs. Designed for those members who might have problems that prevent them from climbing to the top of Everest, this Challengers Choice option focuses on smaller climbs. Maybe you'll pick 5 Redwood trees in California, a set of Christmas trees or maybe 5 lighthouses. The options are up to the Challenger. The only "rules" for this option is to pick 5 climbs at least 50 feet each.
    Some examples to get you started can be found here >>>> New Pledging Flights Option 2 - ADBB Pictures and Graphics

Now the math. I promise it's not like the other challenge.

Calculating your feet to flights and/or steps.
    1 flight has 15 steps
    1 flight will equal 10 feet {standard from floor to floor with 8 foot ceilings}

Keeping it simple with less math involved your calculations will look like this:
    Total feet 10 feet = Total flights

Example A ~ If you have a tree that is 50 feet in height, you would divide 50 feet by 10 feet giving you 5 feet which is equal to 5 flights. If you want to convert flights to steps it would be 5 x 15 = 75
    Example B ~ If you are climbing a structure that has a height of 200 feet, your calculation would look like this, 200 10 = 20 flights.

A great source for finding things to climb is Wikipedia. Don't be afraid to search out new things to climb. Remember, the sky is NOT the limit in our virtual world of PLEDGING FLIGHTS!
    Ditto, sallyseachange and Olivivi like this.

Administrator
    Tetris Champion! Cell-Out Champion! Mahjong Champion! Bounce Back Champion! Mumu Champion! Zookeeper Champion!
    Images

Default Re: Pledging Flights Challenge

Picking up where I left off in the other challenge, I have 104/195 on the lighthouses and 166/283 on Tyssestrengene.
    Never Ending, working up to 10000, was put on hold for the moment.

dh is at 2684/3000 on Never Ending Staircase.
    Last edited by jimmie 48; December 8th, 2014 at 11:02 PM.
    Ditto likes this.

Moderator Emeritus

Images

Very nice work Jimmie! I do like the "new look"!!

I think I'll finish the Waterfalls challengers choice with the original calculations (too lazy to re-do them!) and then start with the new system after that.
    Look forward to seeing the others make it over here...and lots of newcomers.
    jimmie 48 and Ditto like this.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Pledging Flights challenge:
    Never Ending Staircase - from 16.000 to 18.000 flights: Done. Current segment: 19576/20000
    Travelling Roads, Trails and Ancient Routes:
    Oregon Trail (2170 miles) from Independence Missouri to Oregon City: 1064.4/2170

F/63 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 63.2 kg.

Ditto is offline ADBB Admiral

Images

I just did six flights this week. You work very hard organising these challenges, you should have an award for that!
    jimmie 48 and sallyseachange like this.

Administrator
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Janet McArdle Bird View Post
    I just did six flights this week. You work very hard organising these challenges, you should have an award for that!
    "liked" you for your flights, janet.
    you know what my award is? seeing members accomplish something!
    Ditto likes this.

Moderator Emeritus

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Janet McArdle Bird View Post
    You work very hard organising these challenges, you should have an award for that!
    Hear hear!!
    Ditto likes this.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Never Ending Staircase - from 16.000 to 18.000 flights: Done. Current segment: 19576/20000
    Oregon Trail (2170 miles) from Independence Missouri to Oregon City: 1064.4/2170

Administrator
    Images

i'm happy to do it, girls. i'm just very happy to have the company

i fell short on flights today, sal, but don't ease up on me. i need the work out!
    sallyseachange and Ditto like this.

Administrator
    Images

i'm pretty sure i've caught up with todays flights. i'm 233/283

i'm guessing i could finish up in 2 days. how about you, sal?

janet, how you doing? have you gotten any more flights in since your last report? we're at 104/195, that being the total of flights we've done and how many there are in the set of lighthouses. see! you're coming along just fine!
    we are currently on St. Augustine lighthouse with only 4 more flights to finish it up
    sallyseachange and Ditto like this.

Moderator Emeritus

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie 48 View Post

i'm guessing i could finish up in 2 days. how about you, sal?
    Definitely do-able!
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Ditto is offline ADBB Admiral

Images

I did six flights yesterday, 2 at the Job Centre, 2 at sons and 2 at daughters, does it count when they're spaced out? I have to get the flights in where I can get them!
    sallyseachange likes this.

Page 1 of 145 12341151101 ... LastLast