Thread: when should i check for ketosis

dblheatingac is offline ADBB Adventurer

Default when should i check for ketosis

ok i know i should know this by now but when is thwe best time to check for ketosis when i check in the an the sticks are large when i check in the middle of the day they are mod and when i check in the afternoon there small i dont check three time a day i just want to know when is the best time to check

2. # ADS
    Sponsor : Circuit advertisement

tfek70 is offline ADBB Advocate
    Asteroids Champion! Rabbit Hunter Champion!

Default Re: when should i check for ketosis

You shouldn't check first thing in the morning. You shouldn't check right after a work out. Your most accurate reading would be two hours after eating a meal. This is per a phone call to the manufacturer. Also, the dark keto stick doesn't mean you are "more" into ketosis and will lose weight faster. It's usually a sign of dehydration.

Keto sticks suck and are inaccurate. You get false postives and false negatives as often as accurate results. You are far better off listening to your body. Funky breath and pee are good indicators as are losing weight and inches. If you have ketones in your system, have a piece of cake with obscene amounts of frosting, and then pee on a stick 6 hours later, you would still show a postive result. It didn't mean that your cheat didn't knock you out of ketosis. There is much more information about keto sticks in the FAQ section.

T. J.
    "...Health and fitness are more than just personal goals - they're gifts we give to the people around us. Being fit and feeling on top of our game will ensure that we're there for the people who rely on us. It will make us better fathers, husbands, friends, lovers... and yes, even better sons." -David Zinczenko -Mens Health Magazine
    40M/Married with two wonderful kids

Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Keto sticks are pretty much a waste of time and money but you could use them when you move up to OWL to make sure your staying in Ketosis. I agree with TJ though, save your money.

41 pounds down and counting

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra

Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'll agree with the others as well. According to what i've heard, you should not register on the stix when eating 60g's or more of carbs per day. I can register on them when eating over 100 on a consistent basis. So even that info is wrong. That's why I don't think they're a good guidline for owl and whether or not your still losing.

Alcohol will also cause them to register a false postive.

As mentioned, your better to go by your own body.
    Jen, 41, F
    In maintenance

dblheatingac is offline ADBB Adventurer

thanks for all the in fo i am still lossing ive lost 11 lbs in 17 days of owl thats a little over 9 lbs a week i can deal with that at 35 to 40 carbs a day depends if i eat a night snack or not oh buy the way pork rinds with cheese are great

Thread Information