Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression!

• Display

Default Depression!

Hi guys.

It is so easy to uplift others but it is sometimes hard for me to practice what I preach lol....
    Anyway I had a good week I lost 1lb. by eating right, exercising, and bootcamp was great!
    Now today I feel depressed! I am not happy with the way I look; I know it will take time for the weight to come off.
    I have 30lbs. to lose before I get to my pre-pregnancy weight! I know it is better than the 43lbs. that I began with.
    Ok so I am not happy with the way my body look; so when I feel like this I do not eat correctly sometimes not at all and I do not have the will power to workout!

This really does bother me because I know depression will not help me reach my goals. Am I thinking to hard? Part of my depression is that I am ready to go back to work but I am sort of afraid because of the way I look... My self esteem is down, I do not allow my husband to sleep in my room (Very bad because he is a great husband; I'm 31yrs. and he's 34yrs.)! I feel so uncomfortable! I know I have to shake this off and I will not get anywhere being like this.

I needed to vent; so thank you guys for reading my post.
    Moving Onward and Upward!

Started Atkins: 8/23/11 restart- 6/9/15
    Height: 5'6
    Starting Weight: 238.0
    Current Weight: 235.8
    Goal Weight: 125

Goal 1: 225
    Goal 2: 212
    Goal 3: 206

Images

Default Re: Depression!

Kimber I think most of us have felt the same way at some time or another. We just have to remember that even though the change may be slow, we will get there, we will meet our goals, and we will empower ourselves getting there! When I have a "fat day" I try to remember what got me there in the first place (dang Oreo cookies) and then think how far I have already come. You have been such an inspiration to me with your upbeat posts, I love your attitude and your dedication to this woe and to the members on this board. And as for your husband, let him back in the bedroom. I have been pleasantly surprised at how much sexier I feel even after losing just 10 lbs. Men have a way of making you feel better about yourself just by simply loving you. You are a beautiful woman! Keep up the good work and we will be there before you know it! I'm glad to be a part of this journey with you! And sorry if this is filled with errors and rambling. I'm back in the hospital and just had some morphine. Surgeon just came in and said gallbladder comes out tomorrow. Eeek I've never had surgery before!
    SW:233 LBS
    CW:188 LBS
    GW:130 LBS

Kimber - ((((hugs)))) I know exactly how you feel hun. I've dealt with depression since I had my 2nd baby. You just have to remember that you are moving in the right direction! You are making positive changes in your life, you have a beautiful baby and a wonderful husband. Yes, being overweight sucks, but we didn't get here overnight and getting it off is a challenge . You did great in boot camp this week, and I know you will continue to do well. Remember, women were blessed with wacky hormone fluctuations and there can be soooo many factors affecting your weight loss from week to week. You DID lose weight this week, you WILL reach your goal, just keep up the great work

BTW - I agree with skinnycow - let your hubby back in the bedroom. Don't shut out your partner, he can help lift you up when you're down.
    ~Niki

Blog Entries
    Images

Hey Kimber, for those of us who have felt overweight and unsexy for a long time it is very hard to break habits. But this is something that is essential for you and your husband to do in order to MAKE you feel sexy...he still loves you and I'm sure finds you attractive...you have to allow yourself to feel this. To do this you start with small steps. Like I don't know if you and your husband are intimate at all, and you don't have to share that with us. It's private. But perhaps start by acting as if you are going on dates again and lead up to being intimate again if you aren't? Have him serenade and woo you...do this to build your confidence and tell him WHY you want this to happen before you let him back into your bedroom. No couple wants to be seperated at night, if just for the cuddles and company. I'm sure he is feeling as rejected as you feel unsexy so let him in on what needs to be done to get your relationship fully back on track!

Ask your husband to help you with your eating as part of being the person he wants you to be, as well as who you want to be. Being happy, healthy and confident will make both of you happier and is a chance to work out all those things that may have come between you during this time. Take advantage of this and make him a part of it! I appologise if this seems too personal as I know some people prefer others not to comment on these things, but I honestly think that this is what you need to hear right now, and what you need to do. The relationship you have with your significant other impacts hugely on your life and improving that can only make everything else better too!
    Mini Goal: 150 lbs. hopefully by August! 28.07.11

Mini Goal: Candida free

Main Goal: 140 lbs.

"Storms make oaks take root"

Cheat Free Challenge: We are the best-bad-A$$-kick-butt-booty-busting-babes of the ADBB

Quote Originally Posted by skinnycow View Post
    Kimber I think most of us have felt the same way at some time or another. We just have to remember that even though the change may be slow, we will get there, we will meet our goals, and we will empower ourselves getting there! When I have a "fat day" I try to remember what got me there in the first place (dang Oreo cookies) and then think how far I have already come. You have been such an inspiration to me with your upbeat posts, I love your attitude and your dedication to this woe and to the members on this board. And as for your husband, let him back in the bedroom. I have been pleasantly surprised at how much sexier I feel even after losing just 10 lbs. Men have a way of making you feel better about yourself just by simply loving you. You are a beautiful woman! Keep up the good work and we will be there before you know it! I'm glad to be a part of this journey with you! And sorry if this is filled with errors and rambling. I'm back in the hospital and just had some morphine. Surgeon just came in and said gallbladder comes out tomorrow. Eeek I've never had surgery before!
    Thank you! You made me smile I really hope you feel better soon and I know you will be ok going to surgery. I will say a prayer for you!

Images

Ugh, this sounds like one of my typical fat days (which occur way too often) On a fat day, I feel like I look awful in everything I wear, I feel like even though I have lost x number of pounds I still look huge, heck even now I still have 24 more pounds to lose until I am even back to where I was before I got pregnant. It is frustrating when I tell myself gosh, I am having to lose all this weight just to get back to where I was. And I look in the mirror and want all that fat to just be gone, I want it gone yesterday, you know? I have no advice on how to get through a fat day emotionally, because I still haven't figured that out. I can't tell you how to feel better about yourself when you are feeling like you just hate the way you look. But I can say that eating off plan is a step backwards, and even if I am feeling miserable about myself, I can keep myself on track by reminding myself that I won't become skinny if I eat wrong. I can't be optimistic all of the time, but I can keep myself from sabotaging myself even when I am feeling down.

I know what you mean about going back to work. I felt a little humiliated going back to work when I was at 145 pre-preggo, and ended up at 206. I just KNEW people were commenting about how big I got. But I'll tell you what, there is a girl I work with that had a baby about 2 weeks before me, I heard a coworker saying recently how big she got. And so I spoke up to say "Wow, I wonder what people must be saying about me" to which she replied "but you can tell that you are losing weight". So that made me feel good that even though I had become huge, people could see that I was making an effort to lose the weight. I wasn't the girl who got fat and wasn't doing anything about it. I'd rather people see me and think "WOW, she sure is doing good losing that weight" and not "wow, she got big and hasn't even made an effort to lose anything". There isn't a way around the coworkers seeing a weight gain, but you can show them that you are in control by losing the weight. The thought that people at work may be smack talking me helps keep me going, to tell you the truth, lol.

SW - 190
    Mini Goal - 149 (below 150!) MET
    Next Goal 2 - 139 Met!
    CW - 130
    Goal - 110-120

Hang in there. We all have those fat days. Even if your weight is the same as the day before you can wake up just "feeling thin" or "feeling fat" and you are right---it does color your entire day.

Life at the office is the same everywhere. LOL If they are not talking about someone's weight, then it is what they eat (or don't), or how they dress, or who they are seeing. And everybody probably gets talked about, even the ones doing the talking.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Awww thanks everyone! Yesterday was a better day for me! I woke up in a good mood put on my workout clothes hopped on my elliptical and enjoyed a great 35minutes of watching tv and working out! This morning I'm about to do the same thing! Thanks for all the encouragement! I am so happy I stumbled upon this board 1 month ago.

Images

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I agree with you, this board is a lifesaver! It gives me the motivation I need to meet my goals! Hope you have a great Tuesday Kimber!
    SW:233 LBS
    CW:188 LBS
    GW:130 LBS

Images

Nice to know you are feeling better dear. I sorta had a fat day today and some co-workers just had crackers right in front of me and I felt a bit bad cos I couldn't have any. Now I feel great becuase I let it pass.

I love this board and all the love (sometimes tough) and encouragement we get here. I am amazed at what some people take on and the dedication of others. You guys are really inspirational (becoming a favorite word)

Margie!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast