Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is your CCM

• Display

Default Re: what is your CCM

I am in maintenence now and my carb range is from 80-100gms.
    I avoid processed foods though and stick to a very clean diet =] I love my fruit and veg.
    Ready for change

Thanks so much for all these varied replies.

I, too, don't expect a perfect number - I know that exercise has a HUGE effect (affect?) - But it an interesting investigation.

Also - I think that I am getting the picture of what Maintenance will be like. It isn't a free-for-all - I can eat what I want to - Give me bread and noodles, now.

I can see that it is going to be more like OWL - watching carefully how food affects (effects?) me and making sure that I eat healthily. I'm just not going to be driven by the desire to lose - just by the desire to maintain. which may give a little more freedom to have some things that may not be extremely LC - but with constant vigilance.
    Joyce

Finding my groove:
    exercise
    water
    veg

Blog Entries
    Images

That is one of my sayings right there - the price of thinness is eternal vigilance LOL

I've been trying to gain weight and have stagnated. No gain, no loss + or - the same 1lb. I eat 80-100 grams of carbs per day (no breads, rice, pasta or processed food) and have a carb up day every Saturday where I have gone as high as 250 grams of carbs and will include pizza, potatoes, a bowl of pasta but still nothing overly processed (no chemicals.. I make my own pizza). I try to stay around 2700 calories and at my activity level that keeps me stable.
    Ken F.

Hit Goals for weight loss, February 2011
    The quest continues for complete fitness and I feel awesome!

"There

I popped back into see what developed on the thread and I am happy to see that my experiences isn't unique. I can easily eat 40-45 carbs and lose IF MY CARBS are veggie carbs (I am on the anti Candida track) but even if I eat far fewer total carbs comprised mostly of other stuff-nuts, cheese, etc. I can see myself gaining on 30-35 total carbs daily. The types of carbs DO make a difference for my body.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Images

Wow this is all really great info! I'm new to maintenance.... Well, new to the RIGHT way to do maintenance. When I "maintained" for a year before I got preggers it was mostly a hybrid of induction and a few phases mixed with cheats! Not the right way to stay at your goal weight (I was actually still 5 pounds away from goal, but decided after a few months I was happy where i was and never really did OWL or pre-main properly). So I would stick to the 20 carbs one day, then slip up the next day and have cake or something, drop back down to 20 for a couple days, and by the time weigh-in rolled around I had no gain or loss.

So this time around, now that I have hit goal (and had my bagel "prize" for reaching goal, which didn't taste as good as I remember, and left me awful heartburn for half a day) I really want to work hard at maintaining the right way. It seems like the maintenance thread is a ghost town though, where is everyone?

I've been eating around 30-35 carbs for a few days, having a serving of fruit once a week, greek yogurt once a week, and a serving of dreamfields pasta once a week. So far so good. I don't feel like I am missing anything and I have been really happy with my menu's. I'm actually having trouble adding the RIGHT stuff in to increase the carb levels.

I'll be checking in to this thread a bit more as I figure out my CCL and CCM, thanks to everyone that has posted here with your comments. I can totally understand that a carb is NOT a carb is NOT a carb, I need to keep this in mind on the maintenance journey!!!
    Sicca
    5'4"/f/36/Maintenance
    Visit My NEW maintenance Journal: (copy & paste) http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/forums/journal-chats/111647-my-so-called-low-carb-life.html

First journal on losing - http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/forums/journal-chats/54441-gospel-jessica.html

Post Pregnancy RESTART(after baby #2)
    PPW- 170+ Jan 2012
    SW- 160 Feb 2012 (weaning the baby, ready to start losing with Atkins!)
    CW- 135 Dec 2012
    *Goal- 135 YAY I MADE IT!!!!! (reached Sept. 2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12