Thread: Trying to conceive with PCOS, on ATKINS!! similar experiences???

• Display

Cool Trying to conceive with PCOS, on ATKINS!! similar experiences???

Hi everybody. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS (1 month ago), when I started trying to conceive, so I am kind of new to this world. I was initially very disappointed, however was also kind of happy because probably explained why I could not lose weight for a long time. My doctor put me on Metformin and requested a low carb diet to lose weight. I started on Atkins because I was not sure how to do a low carb diet. Probably as most of you, I love bread, pasta, potato,etc..... I've done Atkins now for 14 days and I've lost 12 pounds so far, however I have another 20lbs at least to lose (Im 5'7" and started at 186lbs). I am very excited and plan to continue on induction phase for another 14 days since I do need to lose weight soon. The first week of induction was very difficult, mostly because I felt nausea all the time and was never hungry. The nausea was incapacitating. Now it got better however Im almost never hungry and sometimes have nausea (much less than in first week). I dont really feel cravings for carbs, however I do miss my latte in the morning and my bread sometimes. After I lose some more weight my doctor plans to start me on ovulation drugs such as Clomid/Femara. He is very positive about it. Any similar experiences???? Anybody has persisted in the induction phase for 4 weeks or longer???

Default Re: Trying to conceive with PCOS, on ATKINS!! similar experiences???

The nausea is probably due to the Met. It helps to take the pills to the table and swallow them after you've consumed half the meal.

I conceived my youngest child "by accident" on met and low carbing. Take heart, it works! Stick with it.