Thread: Don't know what I am doing wrong!

• Display

Default Don't know what I am doing wrong!

Good morning!

My name is Denise and I have been on Atkins for almost a month. I am writing hoping that you might be able to help me see where I am going wrong and hopefully to surpass my plateu.

I have been on the induction portion of the diet now for about 3.5 weeks. The first week or two I lost about 10-13lbs. I am very true to the diet. I figure, if I am going to do it, I want optimal results and to do it right. So, I had been eating only proteins, cheese, and eggs. I know we are allowed certain vegetables, but wanted to avoid them the first week. I thought I might get better results that way. I did well. By the beginning of the second week my energy was soaring. I felt like a fog had been lifted and I knew I was on the right track.

However, after my initial loss I have not continued to lose. I have been extremely frustrated because I have been doing exactly as I should. The one exception is I am still not doing the salad regularly because every time I have the salad and test my ketones on ketostix I go from small or moderate amounts to small to trace. This freaks me out and I return to the primarily protein diet. It is so much this way that after the second week of no loss I cut out all diet drinks, so no crystal light or diet ginger ale. I cut out any excess cheese (so nothing over the 3-4 ounces). I cut out my coffee, which I miss terribly, and no sugar free gum. I am still not losing! I also drink a decent amount of water. I am a teacher so I cannot drink as much as I would like because I cannot use the restroom as I might need. I also exercise pretty rigorously. I go to 3-5 high intensity workout classes a week some include weights and using your own body for resistance.. I also take a vegetarian high quality multi, a B complex, a probiotic, and some antioxidants.

I don

Blog Entries

Default Re: Don't know what I am doing wrong!

"So, I had been eating only proteins, cheese, and eggs. I know we are allowed certain vegetables, but wanted to avoid them the first week"

I'm sorry to say you aren't doing Atkins as anyone here would recognise it, we follow DANDR 2002. The veggies are the most important part of Induction, in fact the majority of your net carbs should be from veggies.

You should check out the thread here: http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...tion-faqs.html

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. I thought I was doing something to expedite the weight loss and still doing Atkins. I read the book, word for word. I highlighted and marked it. I did not, however, recognize the importance of the salad. I will definitely incorporate the recommended changes and revisit the basics. Thanks for taking the time. It really makes all the difference for someone like me!

Images

dont worry, its typical. people usually lose pretty good the first two weeks. weeks 3 and 4, it slows to a crawl, no loss at all, or even gain. its your body trying to play catch up. dont worry, it wont be linear. just keep going

Thanks for the supportive words. I am excited to try this again. The right way this time! Does navigating the website and learning all the lingo get easier? Is there a forum to learn how to get set up on this site?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopuffs View Post
    Thanks for the supportive words. I am excited to try this again. The right way this time! Does navigating the website and learning all the lingo get easier? Is there a forum to learn how to get set up on this site?
    I just answered this in your other thread. This is what I wrote:

Start by going to both the settings tab and the profile tab above, and explore all the options. The settings tab opens a page where there are numerous tabs on the left. And go to the HOME, FORUM, and other options area across the top banner...Just click away and explore.
    You will only get comfortable with all of this by playing around with it to learn it.

And yes, it gets easier the more you explore.

Hello,

I am just finishing W04 and I lost already 7 kg (about 14 lbs), but now it really slow. I didnt want to end, but this is the hardest part. We need to wait, do everything good still and be strong! And after I am sure we will see the results !
    02/01/2013 - Start: 102,7 kg,
    27/01/2013 - 95,1 kg
    16/02/2013 - 92,2 kg
    Goal:65 kg till June, but I will love every kg that will be gone!

Blog Entries
    Images

That is right. Our bodies will pause. We have to have patience. Can be hard some times