Thread: Sleep Loss = Increased Appetite

• Display

Default Sleep Loss = Increased Appetite

Is Sleep Loss Making you Fat?
    New research suggests lack of shut-eye may trigger your body to crave extra calories.
    Thursday, March 01, 2012 | Brittany Nelson
    http://q.equinox.com/articles/2012/03/sleep-appetite

Besides being groggy and moody
    Last edited by jimmie 48; November 27th, 2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: fixing link to original article

Default Re: Sleep Loss = Increased Appetite

Your article is really informative. Actually i have seen this latest news about sleep loss can affect in our body . I was just wondering how sleep loss can affect in body. After reading your article i just realize about that. Thanks for your information.

Hmm well I never slept much last night, I never have problems sleeping, I just got in at 2pm and had to be up for 6am. And I honestly am just so hungry today and craving everything I can't have.

We need our sleep everyone!

Images

Seems like there could be a vicious circle related to insufficient sleep- something like:
    increased stress --> decreased sleep --> decreased immune system --> increased depression --> increased eating --> increased weight --> decreased exercise --> increased BP --> decreased physical condition(s) --> increased stress --> (repeat) (now scramble in spaghetti-like fashion, with the "sauce" consisting of all increased risks related to the above... & then throw in rebound excess sleep to complicate matters, and you can really throw things out of whack with your system)
    ~Susan
    STAC MEMBER________________________Age: gettin' older/sex: F/ height: shrinkin' - Is there a TTAC?

I'm back... Third time's the charm, right? Hoping to "get carded" again someday as my youthful looks return ....I hope!!!
    This is my REAL Goal:...

Goal: Just DO It!

SO hungry on days I don't get 7-9 hours of sleep, as if I could eat ALL day! I agree, plus increased cortisol (weight loses nightmare) which increases belly fat with lack of sleep!
    F/35/5'10"
    SW:201 CW:181.0 GW: (a fit) 160-165

"SHE THOUGHT SHE COULD. SO SHE DID."
    X3x9x6