Thread: A1C levels

• Display

Default A1C levels

hello,

My A1C level on Jan 11th was 10.9. I have been on Atkins since Feb 15th, I just got retested yesterday. My A1C is 6.9 still too high. I take 500mg Metformin once a day. I was hoping I would be able to get off the medicine. I go back in July, maybe then.
    I haven't been eating sugar and my carbs are via veggies. I do drink alcohol a few times a week (vodka). I guess I have to give that up.
    Patty

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

S/C/G: 186/154/134

Images

Default Re: A1C levels

Look on the bright side. Atkins has helped drop that A1C in just a few short months! That means that it is working! Don't get too down on yourself and keep up the good work. Just imagine how far it could drop by July and let that be your motivation! And yes, I would give up the alcohol as you mentioned. Drinking and being a diabetic isn't a good combination anyways and technically isn't allowed until later in OWL. Good luck to you!
    SW:233 LBS
    CW:188 LBS
    GW:130 LBS

In my opinion, ALL type II diabetics should follow Atkins Induction FOREVER!! In order to properly control your diabetes, you must severly restrict carbs to less than or equal to no more than 30grams/day. That will work
    Starting Weight - 208
    Goal Weight - 160

Blog Entries

And - get plenty of exercise. That also is very effective in dropping that blood sugar !
    Kagi

305 / 269 / 220

My Challenges:
    Six Week Exercise Challenge ... 6 WEC

Images

and a nice glass of red wine in the evening ......will bring your BG number down to normal.
    try it.....