Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/1/04 - QUIT SMOKING CHALLENGE

• Display

Quote Originally Posted by Bren
    oh dam......I just do not know if I am psyched enough yet? Shoooooot, need to get real busy here!!!! Tommy, when you decided to quit, did it take you days to get psyched or did you just do it?
    Psyched enough.... Its like dieting, theres nothing exciting about it but ya get what ya put into it. The dates set and be confident that you can live without them.
    Goal reached 2-14-2011
    Body Fat: 7.8%
    Lost 78 lbs, 19 inches from waist

Bren,

You can't quit on me now....I need your support!!!!!
    Restarted Atkins September 3, 2010

302/229/220 M/38

My goal is simple....3 lbs off a week until I hit 220 lbs

YOU REALLY ARE WHAT YOU EAT AND THIS WOE PROVES IT!

STARTING PANTS SIZE 44 CURRENT PANTS SIZE 36
    STARTING SHIRT SIZE XXL CURRENT SHIRT SIZE XL

Blog Entries

I am not quitting! We will do this!!!!!!!! How are you making out these last few days thou? I find myself smoking more! Hopefully I will make myself sick of em.
    Bren
    female

218/150 calling it goal!
    3/30/03

Yea, I'm smoking like a chimney. It would be a lie if I said that I won't miss some aspects of smoking, but the pros strongly outweigh the cons.

302/229/220 M/38

Blog Entries

I think I will miss maybe 5 of the cigarettes I smoke a day. The first one in the morning, and of course the one after every meal. And the last one I smoke at night. One good thing is we do not smoke in the house and it is getting darn inconvenient and COLD here in WNY to go out on the porch. We can do this Man in Blue!
    Bren
    female

218/150 calling it goal!
    3/30/03

Quote Originally Posted by Bren
    I think I will miss maybe 5 of the cigarettes I smoke a day. The first one in the morning, and of course the one after every meal. And the last one I smoke at night. One good thing is we do not smoke in the house and it is getting darn inconvenient and COLD here in WNY to go out on the porch. We can do this Man in Blue!
    I thought so too but really there not the ones I missed most now. It was actually easy to get by them. Its the social smoking that gets me now, like when I'm out have a few drinks with friends etc...

But once you make it through the first 2-3 days, the nicotine withdraw is done, the rest is just force of habit. Use the Epsom salt, it made the withdraw process faster. Also make a good plan to keep yourselves busy those 2-3 days. If I was not constiently doing something, I made sure my butt was sleeping... Get through those first couple days however possible.

I had it pretty easy, since the wife and kids packed there backs and left for the weekend. I'm sure if they stayed I would have used anything they said or did as an excuse to get pissed off and go smoke.

Bren, I know you got family there that might make it hard for you. If my family didnt leave I was gonna go rent a hotel room for myself for the weekend. Something nice and peaceful with a hot tub, steam room and fireplace. Something like that might be nice for you too...
    Goal reached 2-14-2011
    Body Fat: 7.8%
    Lost 78 lbs, 19 inches from waist

Blog Entries

WOW! Would that not be nice. But alas, I would get bored and I know I am going to have to be real busy. Good time to paint and rewallpaper my living room or something. No one smokes inside so I do not think they will bother me. And they are big guys so I can smack them when I feel like I have too!!!!!!!!! This old girl is getting psyched!! How about you "man in blue".......are we on?
    note: got myself the epsom salts and cinnamon sticks. Need GUM!
    Bren
    female

218/150 calling it goal!
    3/30/03

Yup....we're on!!!!

302/229/220 M/38

Bren,

5 days left.....smoke up girl....smoke up....

302/229/220 M/38

Blog Entries

ya know what? I actually am smoking less and not trying too. Yesterday they really started tasting AWFUL! I mean I did not even bother with the last one........maybe I got a stale pack? Hopefully!!
    I was reading somewhere that as with any other addiction we should write a "Dear John" letter to our cigs. Hey...I'll try anything!
    I was up to over a pack a day! How about you Man in Blue? (hey...I'm a poet!).
    Bren
    female

218/150 calling it goal!
    3/30/03

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast