Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/1/04 - QUIT SMOKING CHALLENGE

• Display

CMF,

That is exactly what is happening today....I bought my last pack to smoke today and I'm trying to savor each one. Tomorrow is going to be overwhelming....but I'll stay strong! We have to stay focused and determined....!!!!

Bren,

Are you ready to go? Smoking up your last cigs? I'm glad you are here for me to "lean" on when I want to get a smoke....

Tommy,

Thanks for your support. We need that from a non-smoker (congrats again on quitting). This will be a ride for me!!
    Restarted Atkins September 3, 2010

302/229/220 M/38

My goal is simple....3 lbs off a week until I hit 220 lbs

YOU REALLY ARE WHAT YOU EAT AND THIS WOE PROVES IT!

STARTING PANTS SIZE 44 CURRENT PANTS SIZE 36
    STARTING SHIRT SIZE XXL CURRENT SHIRT SIZE XL

Hi The Man in Blue,

Well, I'm using the nicoderm patches and I highly recommend them. I quit for 6 months last year and then a rather severe string of events sent me back to smoking.

If you are using the patches, when you get past phase 1, don't waste the money on buying the step 2/3 patches, if money is an issue for you. They're just smaller. What I do is continue to buy the step1 patches and cut them in half. I do the step 1 for 3 weeks or so and then I use 1/2 patches for 3-4 weeks and then I'm ok to go without patches. It worked great when I quit this time last year.

I'm starting on induction on Monday. Needed to get a weeks worth of not smoking under my belt before kicking the carbs. Going to be quite a turn around year for me if I accomplish my goals.

Hoping for a nice, quiet, thinner, smoke-free 2004.

While you're preparing for quitting, don't forget to go through any old purses, coat pockets, and anywhere else you may have a pack that you might stumble across. It's easier to toss them now than in a weak moment in the future.

Congrats to everyone!
    ~ Elleth

40/f 5'5" Start 10/18/2003 - 180/133.0/125

Blog Entries

I am starting my Dear John letter to my cigs now. I did the same thing when I started this WOE. Writing it down makes it easier to see and say good bye?

Getting a bit jittery here,,,,but strongly committed!!!! It is like saying good bye to an old friend.

I know we can do this with the support here. Ten months ago I never thought I could ever lose weight, but with the support and people here I found out how wrong I was.

I have smoked a pack already today...........sheesh!
    Bren
    female

218/150 calling it goal!
    3/30/03

Good luck everyone

Just remember you do NOT have to have it! No matter how you feel today, you can live without having it!

First couple of days I tried to sleep as much as possible to past the time faster, when I was awake I tried to keep as busy as I could. Another suggestion might be going somewhere you cant smoke like the movies, LOR is like 3 hours long....

Good luck again
    Goal reached 2-14-2011
    Body Fat: 7.8%
    Lost 78 lbs, 19 inches from waist

Blog Entries

I have to bail on you guys today. We have had a tragic and sudden death in the family. I am postponing till we get through this.
    Bren
    female

218/150 calling it goal!
    3/30/03

I'm sorry Bren. We are here when you can do it. Well I woke up today and I wanted to go outside first thing and have my smoke. Didn't! All I can think about is smoking though....it's driving me nuts... I've only been awake for 30 minutes so far...

302/229/220 M/38

I made it through new years eve smoke free!!!!! ( I sat at home all night) it was the only way I was going to be successful!!!!! Though I did end up cheating but that is a whole entire other topic. Anyway I just wanted to say that I am sticking to this. Reading the info Tommy posted kinda helps make it a tiny bit easier.
    ~kate
    Did Atkins last year lost alot of weight in under 3 months had an accident gained it all back.

Hi All:

Bren.... I am so sorry.... I wish there was something I could say to help. Were all here for you.

jerzeegirl, I should have came over to jersey to see ya.... I spent New Years eve being a bore too. No food, no drinks, no smokes.... I even left early and was home an in bed by 11:30.... It was just no fun not being able to get drunk, stuff my face, and smoke.... LOL

But I think I chose right.

How bout everyone else, did ya's make it through day 1 smoke free?
    Goal reached 2-14-2011
    Body Fat: 7.8%
    Lost 78 lbs, 19 inches from waist

I MADE IT THROUGH MY FIRST DAY SMOKE FREE.....YEA.... VERY ROUGH!!!!

302/229/220 M/38

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast