Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/1/04 - QUIT SMOKING CHALLENGE

• Display

Quote Originally Posted by the man in blue
    I MADE IT THROUGH MY FIRST DAY SMOKE FREE.....YEA.... VERY ROUGH!!!!
    That is fantastic, I was really hoping to hear that Blue.... I am thrilled for you. Now if your gonna cheat you have to consider the fact that you just went thru all that trouble for nothing then...

Day 2 was the hardest for me when I quit last month. I even binged ( but atleast I enjoyed it, ohhhhh pizza.... ) But I paid the price of getting sick and retaining water for the next week. Not something that made me happy putting 5 lbs back on...

But the good news is by day 3 all the withdraw symptoms were gone. Also its now been a little over a month since I quit and I can happily say that not only havent I gained any weight but continued to lose all month.
    Goal reached 2-14-2011
    Body Fat: 7.8%
    Lost 78 lbs, 19 inches from waist

Bren hope you are doing OK.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still SMOKE FREE :laughing
    I am paying with 4.5lbs because I cheated and stuffed my face with bake Mac and Cheese new years eve, but still my lungs are on the road to recovery. I can already feel a bit of a difference my hands don't shake like they use to and I really think it had to do with smoking. I have decided that if I make to Valentines Day (and I will) my personal reward for quitting is to get my teeth bleached at brite smile, added bonus now when I walk into a room people smell my perfume not smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Kate
    Did Atkins last year lost alot of weight in under 3 months had an accident gained it all back.

Heyya Jersey:

Congrats... I stuffed my face too when i first quit, dont worry about the weight will come back off easy enough... And i had the same thoughts about getting my teeth done. In fact the first week i quit I went and bought that 2 week crest white strip stuff... Sad that i need to clean my teeth up in order to go to my dentist to get them professionally cleaned... LOL
    Goal reached 2-14-2011

i've been trying to quit for the past couple of weeks. i haven't had a cigarette for 2 days now. hopefully i can keep this up. it's a dirty habit that just doesn't fit me.
    F / 16 / 5'2" tiny frame
    130 / 130 / 105
    short term goal- 115
    started 01/04/04

I know I'm young & I don't have a lot to lose, but I'm very serious about this WOE.
    I want to grow up healthy

Congrats amibella and welcome.... How bout everyone else, Blue did ya make it thru day 2?
    Goal reached 2-14-2011

Hey All

I just wanted to give a little encouragement towards quitting smoking - I quit on December 10. 2003 - It's been tough and quite a few pounds gained which is why I have decided to try the Atkins diet.

The first week or so - your thoughts are consumed by smoking, but trust me it gets easier. I still have stong urges, but they are now few and far between. Once you get past the intital quitting, its amazing how easy it is to live without it.

Now that I have beat the smoking, I have to beat the weight!

Good luck to everyone quitting - it really is worth it even though you may be miserable for the first little while.
    Atkin's Started: 02/01/2004
    Start Weight: 205
    Goal: 160
    Ultimate Goal: 140

Tommy,

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't make it....I bought a pack and gave in...but I tried cold turkey and I have come to realize I need some physical assistance. I'm gunna go out today and get the patch!
    Restarted Atkins September 3, 2010

302/229/220 M/38

My goal is simple....3 lbs off a week until I hit 220 lbs

YOU REALLY ARE WHAT YOU EAT AND THIS WOE PROVES IT!

STARTING PANTS SIZE 44 CURRENT PANTS SIZE 36
    STARTING SHIRT SIZE XXL CURRENT SHIRT SIZE XL

Tommy, before you go and pick up the patch - have you looked into Zyban? It works!
    Atkin's Started: 02/01/2004
    Start Weight: 205
    Goal: 160
    Ultimate Goal: 140

Hey Blue its only failure if you stop trying to reach your goals.... sort of like this diet, we all have are food cheats but conitnue to follow the diet and lose weight. :smileangel
    Goal reached 2-14-2011

Tommy,

I havent given up yet.....I just ned to get on the bandwagon and stay strong!
    Restarted Atkins September 3, 2010

302/229/220 M/38

My goal is simple....3 lbs off a week until I hit 220 lbs

YOU REALLY ARE WHAT YOU EAT AND THIS WOE PROVES IT!

STARTING PANTS SIZE 44 CURRENT PANTS SIZE 36
    STARTING SHIRT SIZE XXL CURRENT SHIRT SIZE XL

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast