Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: 1/1/04 - QUIT SMOKING CHALLENGE

• Display

Still Smoke Free
    Did Atkins last year lost alot of weight in under 3 months had an accident gained it all back.

Way to go jerzeegirl!!!!

I think I have come to grips with my assumption that I am losing slower because I quit smoking, but it is soooo worth it. I only need to make it to June 1st to have a record non-smoking record.

We rock!!!!
    started induction 01/04/2004
    295/278/185
    height - 6'

I know this is an old challenge but I'd like to know how difficult you all found quitting and if you have any advice for someone that's been putting this poison into their body for almost 40 years.

I look at it this way, I'm working real hard to get healthy and quitting smoking seems a logical next step. I'm following the program, exercising a minimum of every other day, and just need to know what problems you encountered along the way with quitting smoking and doing Atkins.

I have read through this thread and see success but how many are still smoke free?

Thanks for your advice.
    Cats

Age 56 - F - 5'7"
    Started 23 Feb 2004
    205/154/145

This post was really interesting to me. I want to know if Bren quit smoking. Like many others have said......... That is my next step. I want to be healthy. I want to live to see my children grow up. I hope that I'm able to do this. I know this post hasn't been active for some time. But I'd like to know about Bren's progress.
    Start Date 5/29/04 Restart Date 6/10/04
    SW 155
    CW 120
    GW 120

I will reach my goal no matter what obstacles stand in my way.

Default Quit by Oct. 1

I will say I WILL quit by October 1st. 2004. (I'll turn 30 on Oct.23rd)
    So my promise to myself is to be Quit before then.
    Determined One
    Start weight-220lbs
    Current weight-194lbs
    Goal weight-126lbs

Default Quitting is the Best!

My husband and I quit smoking on July 1, 2001. We shared our last cigarette the night before. We had planned over a month in advance what our quit date would be and how we would achieve that. We quit smoking in the house and in our cars, and we switched brands to one I really hated.

We used the patch for the entire recommended 8 weeks. I don't think I could have done it without. We also had a great support network in each other, which was more important than anything. After 3 years as I nonsmoker I feel better than I have in a long, long time (even though I need to lose several pounds)!

It's worth all the effort it takes. I used a website: www.trytostop.org for tips and encouragement. It's not easy and anyone who says it is, is a liar.

EDIT

*This Challenge thread has been closed due to extended absence of owner. Please feel free to private message any compliments and/or comments to the original poster. If you are the owner and would like to revive your Challenge thread please PM the forum mod or an Admin.
    Last edited by sillygirl; March 14th, 2007 at 08:51 AM.
    Lowest Weight Ever: 145
    Highest Weight Ever (pregnant): 265
    Weight When Started 8/8/04: 221
    Current Weight: 199.5
    Goal: 150

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789