Thread: Severe nausea day 6 of induction - please help!

• Display

Unhappy Severe nausea day 6 of induction - please help!

I am day 6 of induction, everything has been going great. I woke up this morning and I have severe nausea, almost to the point of vomiting. I feel like when I was pregnant and I didn't eat enough at times and the nausea just got worse and worse. I also feel somewhat dizzy. I think it's the ketosis. Is this normal? Any tips? I can't use most anti-nausea meds because I get extra-pyramidal side effects. I'm going to dig in the cupboard for the stuff I took during pregnancy though...Please help if you have advice. I have a full day of work today!

Default Re: Severe nausea day 6 of induction - please help!

Hey Joy,
    It sounds like "Induction Flu" maybe. That's your body going into ketosis and withdraw from carbs. The book says to eat more induction veggies, and try for every 4 hours instead of 6. Cut down on exercise if your doing it too, until the feeling passes.

Hang in there!

Default Re: Severe nausea day 6 of induction - please help!

Thanks, I will give it a try. I just ate 5 strawberries. I know it's not allowed on induction but I felt like that was what I needed. I hope I didn't mess things up and that it will help me feel a little better.