Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camping on this WOL

• Display

Default Re: Camping on this WOL

I don't mean to be stupid... but what is AMP the abbreviation for?
    Jenny
    Started Induction 01/01/09
    SW 271#
    CW 263.6
    1ST GW 260#
    2ND GW 250#
    3RD GW 240#
    4TH GW 230#
    5TH GW 215#

DRINK THAT WATER

Quote Originally Posted by jencrane63 View Post
    I don't mean to be stupid... but what is AMP the abbreviation for?
    The "and" symbol (&) doesn't show up properly for old messages (this being a thread from 2005) and is replaced with "&".
    Low carb since December 2007
    Maintenance since June 2010

My FitDay journal

We are heading out in the morning for a 5 days...back home for 2 and then back camping again for 5 more!! I am looking so forward to it. I know we will have no problems staying on track! Hubby and I are both on Atkins and are both excited about getting plenty of exercise in...walking and swimming! I am looking for a whooshie!!!! I do hope to drop at least 5 pounds in the next 2 weeks...more would be better but I am trying to keep it realistic!! I will pop in and update in between and then after the trips!!!
    Hugs Dorrie

Start-205 Got to 182 on my own
    restart 185
    Current-173 Down 12 honkin pounds!!! 32 total!!!!!!!!
    Mini goal 179.....reached April 26 2011!!
    Next mini goal 169!! 4 pounds to go!!!!
    Goal-150

THIS TIME MY MAIN GOAL IS TO KEEP GOING...NO MATTER WHAT LIFE THROWS AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love camping food! There is nothing better than smelling an early morning pot of coffee brewing as you fry your bacon and eggs. All foods taste better cooked outdoors. I make revolution rolls for hot dogs and hamburgers, so it's hamburgers, roasted-on-a-stick weinies and steaks. We are so lucky doin' Atkins!

I am going fairly close to home the last week of July. I tent camp, but stay where they have sites with electric and water. I used to rough it when I was younger, but now I at least like to bring an electric coffee pot and toaster oven, as well as cell phone and digital camera chargers.

I am now 59 years old and camp alone, so I need a few conveniences. So far I haven't found any women friends that will tent camp without a man along--fraidy cats.

In the fall, I go to the Eastern Shore of Virginia to Kiptopeke State Park, where I take part in the song bird migration at the banding station. I will explore the whole Eastern Shore as well as take a day trip on a ferry to Tangier Island. So much fun.

In the fall, it is cool enough to take a pot of soup and/or chili. Yum! Yum!
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
    ~~Herodotus

Doin' the "Real Deal" Atkins 2002 since 9/15/2005
    x5

We have a camper, now, but even when we were tent camping I always pre froze everything that could be frozen. All the meats, dont forget the hot dogs, cheeses, etc. If you pre package them with a vacuum food sealer thingy, it will stay better and wont leak into the rest of the cooler. You can also put lettuce and veggies in these bags to be opened when needed. Also, 1/4 of a block of dry ice put into a brown paper bag and then put into the cooler with your ice cubes will keep your food great for a whole week.

Sue

I always make casseroles in coffee cans. You can add any meats, veggies,broth, tomatoes. I also do foil packs with meats and veggies. Cubed steak, terriaki and veggies. wuth those you just throw on the grill or the grates.

<DIV align=left>

That's awesome

We live in Australia (we are from the UK but emigrated here 2 years ago) and are heading off next month travelling around Australia in a caravan. So with 2 kids as well, space will be tight, so it's great to know that it can still be done while camping.

x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12