Thread: cholesterol and diabetes

• Display

Images

Default cholesterol and diabetes

I was worried about my high cholesterol....271mg/dl up from 230mg/dl a month before should be under 200mg/dl.so i started reading about cholesterol.its seems that the numbers dont mean that much and i should not be too worried.i read about statins being the answer,but no not for me after reading about all the side affects.
    Then i read a story about a doctor telling some one that cholesterol is made by your own liver....how can your own liver make something that will be harmful to you ? it goes on to say only a small percentage of cholesterol comes from food we eat and most is made by our own liver and for good reason.it appears we need cholesterol to repair our bodies cells etc especially when we have .. inflammation ....im thinking what is wrong with my body !!! what inflammation could i have . easy ive been a diabetic for more than 20 years with bad blood sugar numbers.Then i found the Atkins lifestyle and now my numbers are down to HbA1c 5.4..... .but after 20 years of high sugar in my blood...all that sugar scratching and scraping the insides of my veins and arteries ...equals...inflammation,so my body is making lots of cholesterol to repair my damaged veins and arteries..inflammation !
    im sure if i take care of my sugar numbers that my liver (cholesterol) will fix my inflammation in time and then i will see my cholesterol numbers come down.
    i live in thailand and its only $20 to have blood tests done here so i will do one every month and log my progress.
    if i had never started Atkins my sugar would have been out of control and my body making more and more cholesterol until it did clogg my arteries and stroke...heart disease.
    so i have a good reason to stay on Atkins lifestyle.i wish some health care worker had told me this a long time ago....but the drug companies love to get us all on there statins....

Default Re: cholesterol and diabetes

Interesting. I noticed my arthritis is better. Inflammation! I used to run fevers for no reason in the winter. I bet I don't this winter......keep us posted as to the results.....

Hey Crocken -- just sent you a note under different thread. Yes, inflammation can contribute to increased cholesterol. I have arthritic knee from a past injury. No active swelling & pain when eating Atkins. But occasionally flares after exercise. Advil/ibuprofen helps reduce inflammation and can be tolerated at fairly high doses. Glad to see you are researching!

Images

many people believe cholesterol is a good thing and not too worry ,we know the body needs cholesterol.....just dont believe those drug companies they want your money....buy more statin drugs.....
    its been 6 months since i wrote this post....i'm now at my goal weight 69 kgs and feel great ,i'm still on low carb high fat diet with reduced protein....i was eating too much protein and it was stopping my weight loss.i had to buy all new clothes and it was fun ,some times i look in a shop window and think who is that slim guy....and where did all that fat go ?
    so now i am in a constant ketogenic state and use fat as energy,i only eat 2 times a day 1pm and about 7 pm,mt body uses keytone for fuel.
    I never get hungry as my body has all the fat it needs as fuel all over my body fat is being used as fuel every minute of the day.
    i could easy loose more weight but i think 69 kgs is ok,
    i now know i was eating way too much food,when you eat a 85% fat 10% protien and 5% carbs you never get that hungry feeling.and with a little fasting the weight falls off.
    so thank you Atkins for saving my life and all you lovely people here who have helped me in the past.

Glad to hear you are doing so well
    x32X4x8x25x3

What were your last blood test results?