Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Its all in your head

• Display

Images

Default Re: Its all in your head

I constantly shoot myself in the foot like this. I think the problem gets the worst when I know I'm doing everything correctly, and I'm not seeing the change as I want it to happen. Losing ten pounds a month isn't my ideal speed, and it seems to me that I tend to lose all of my weight for the month in one week, and then stall for the next three.

Because of this, I've done things I"m not particularly proud of. Gone out to buffets to gorge myself silly (three times, now), drinking green tea frappas, and eating pizza. All of this within the last month, mind you. None of it has lasted for more than one day--so I've had maybe 4 cheat days out of the month, but each time I've gone off path, I really have broken a piece of my dedication off. It takes a lot of re-committing after all of that. And I barely hit the gym at all this last month.

Well. Time to get cracking on my goals again. Clean eating life style, activate!
    I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.
    I will abide.
    Female - 26 - 5'7" -- Started: 05/23/12
    SW: 297/CW: 257 (as of 10/19/14)/GW: 180

Mini-Goal Weight #1: 220

you can do it!! you have a lot of fans here to take you the rest of the way

keep us posted

pamela's stats
    start date 1.26.12/4.6.14
    female
    46yrs/48 yrs
    5'5"/ 5'3" <<<<--- i almost died when they told me that at the doc's
    start 274/256 restart
    down to 193/healthy and shed some poundage. i'll come up w/ a number shortly

Blog Entries

wow thank you ,,,,, reading this is just what I need at the moment as I am about to break through those lb's that have been sitting there for years . you have a way of putting words together that are so inspirational THANK YOU

Great thread, and also do you know what helps me a lot? Finding a role model from life or in this case the forums. For example, find someone on here who lost a great deal of weight and is sporting your ideal weight or better than ideal weight whom you also happen to associate with in some way.

Make a mental picture of how great they look and what they did, then use that image every time you want to reach out to a muffin. Their weight, their body is within your reach but you have to work for it. How badly do you want it?

Another that I just did was take pictures of your self naked and keep them in a folder on your computer. Look at it and ask if you like looking like that.

Staring at yourself in high resolution where you can see your flab, your poor condition is good enough to kick your arse into gear.

And if you want to take it farther, draw a line down on your goal and take pictures weekly.

Force yourself to look at yourself rather than just looking at your food.

Your so right about it. Its more of a mental battle than anything. the diet won't work if WE give in to those temptations. We have to be strong and battle them!

Exactly. This is more about trainiing the way you THINK than anything! l didn't get that the first few times I started this...and I didn't get very far either.
    Jill

Back in ONEderland as of 7/27/2020!

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.
    Current: 253.6/191.8/169 or a size 10 is the GOAL

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Its all in your head

You are so right. I knew this time was different from all the other attempts. I just don't care about what I can't have only what I can. I love going out for meals, with this diet there is no excuse no have to go off it if you want to go out. I decided, that I was in charge and it so easy. I am not going to panic about my weight loss. If I don't lose one week, i will just make sure that the next I check that everything i eat is ok an I am drinking enough water.. If it is and I don't lose, I know that it will happen when the time is right. feeling so good with on this woe is a good reward and weight loss is second.

Just hang on to these thoughts and you will do fine h&h
    Jill

Back in ONEderland as of 7/27/2020!

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.
    Current: 253.6/191.8/169 or a size 10 is the GOAL

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

great frame of mind!!

pamela's stats
    start date 1.26.12/4.6.14
    female
    46yrs/48 yrs
    5'5"/ 5'3" <<<<--- i almost died when they told me that at the doc's
    start 274/256 restart
    down to 193/healthy and shed some poundage. i'll come up w/ a number shortly

Blog Entries

i made a mistake yesterday. I was working in the community hall and forgot to take my food with me. i was hungry but made the decision to wait till I got home. every-one was eating and asking me to do the same. i was wearing a pair of trousers that didn't fit me three weeks ago. I was so happy with that and the thought of the wonderful meal I was going to have when I got home. A bit of a stressful day to day, but i knew that food no longer is the answer. Now I feel great. The power of the mind is wonderful thing. It's so lovely knowing so many of us there are doing this. I may not know any-one personally that's on Atkins but the supported here for all of us, is enough.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast