Thread: Synthroid increase

• Display

Default Synthroid increase

Hey I have been doing Atkins for about 5 months and noticed at first lost a decent amount but noticed I wasn't losing recently. I got my thyroid levels checked and it turns out I needed and increase. I used to feel sluggish and tired all the time and now I feel a big increase in energy and I am back to losing weight again. The problem is I'm not used to feeling this energized. Will I get used to it? I'm so used to feeling tired all the time so this is new to me. Has anyone else experienced this?

Default Re: Synthroid increase

Can't answer that but I would be thrilled! It is a great time to boost your exercise program a notch or two!
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Blog Entries
    Images

That is a bit of a luxury problem LOL
    I felt that way the first time I was prescribed a thyroid med. The amount of hours I needed to sleep went down drastically.
    Don't know what you want to do with it.
    You should not feel jittery though. That may be a sign that you are having too high a doses.

Are you hyper (overactive) or hypo (underactive)?

Yes, having your medication in the right dosage can help you feel much better. Make sure your doctor is keeping a close eye on your levels though to make sure you're not going the wrong direction.

But yes, go use that energy for something good like exercise!
    347/182/150 ~ 5'2" OWL Rung 9

Female/Hypothyroidism/Arthritis/Fibromyalgia - If I can lose weight on this, so can you!
    bizzlekitty's journal My Before and During pics

To answer your question, I'm underactive which mean i'm usually feeling sluggish, and tired all the time. Since the increase tho I've been feeling High energy which is a good thing it just feels different cause im not used to it. It should help my metabolism too. So i'm pretty happy with it. The only downfall is its hard to sleep.

Maybe later when I know more of what I'm doing. Have only been a member since 13 May 2014. Have read, and continue to read as much as possible about things r/t Atkins. Will definitely keep this in the back of my mind though, thanks for asking, and God Bless.