Thread: Does it make it more difficult to diagnose diabetes if you are on Atkins?

• Display

Default Does it make it more difficult to diagnose diabetes if you are on Atkins?

Does it make it more difficult to diagnose diabetes if you are on Atkins? When measuring blood sugar with a blood test.

I have majority of the symptoms for diabetes-II but the blood test came out normal.
    Garcia: Oh you are just jealous because you don't have the magic ingredient.
    Prentiss: I have the magic ingredient. It's called Splenda.

Default Re: Does it make it more difficult to diagnose diabetes if you are on Atkins?

That is a question for your doctor. Did you do a fasting blood sugar? Or did you do a glucose tolerance where you drink a sugary drink and then tests are taken at intervals. Either way, I doubt Atkins would sway the outcome. If you are fasting it wouldn't matter what you ate the day before. If you drink a glucose solution your body is going to whack out on it if you are diabetic, maybe even more so if you have been controlling your blood sugar through Atkins. But again, I am guessing. Ask your physician to be sure.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Default Re: Does it make it more difficult to diagnose diabetes if you are on Atkins?

By the way, congratulations on your losses so far!
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/