Thread: New Diabetic Chat Thread

• Display

Default New Diabetic Chat Thread

Hello! It has been some time since I have been on the boards here, but now I am ready to get back into the swing of things. So...was wondering if anyone might be interested in a chat thread? I know that Carole and I chatted for some time, but it seems that she left about the same time that I did.

if anyone is interested that would be great, if not...well maybe I will be talking to myself! Lol

Hope to hear from others soon!

~ Caroline ~

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: New Diabetic Chat Thread

Welcome back. I was following your chats back then. I hope someone joins in here.
    I don't have diabetes but I did read an interesting and encouraging study today
    Systematic review and meta-analysis of differ... [Am J Clin Nutr. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI
    They concluded that
    Low-carbohydrate, low-GI, Mediterranean, and high-protein diets are effective in improving various markers of cardiovascular risk in people with diabetes and should be considered in the overall strategy of diabetes management.
    Not sure it that will help change some policy but it is encouraging for those who use low carb to reduce diabetes symptoms

Default Re: New Diabetic Chat Thread

Liv,

Thank you so much for the welcome back! I have missed being on the boards, life seems to go by so quickly and then you wonder why you let things slide.....preaching to myself here!

Appreciate the information, so thankful that I found a medical doctor whom is willing to work with me in managing my diabetes through low carb!

~ Caroline ~