Thread: Atkins has worked wonders for my husband.

• Display

Cool Atkins has worked wonders for my husband.

My husband has had amazing success with lowering his blood sugar numbers while on the Atkins diet. Previously his number were getting out of control and his doctor started mentioning insulin shots. We told the doctor we wanted to try Atkins first. I could see she wasn't impressed but told my hubby to go ahead a try. His number used to range from 200-160 now they are low 100s and 90s with a few 80s thrown in. He can't wait to see his doctors face at his next appointment.

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: Atkins has worked wonders for my husband.

I still cannot believe doctors are like this? I get disappointed every time I hear a story like this.
    Great news about your husband

Yeah...she's a young doctor and I'm sure in med school they probably discourage this way of dieting. It doesn't conform to their view of eating healthy. I'm sure she'll have a new found respect for the plan when my husband visits her at the end of the month.

Images

Just checking in here to see how that doctor's visit ended up, Judy. I've been off the boards a long while, but this thread has my interest as we are always looking for evidence to persuade my diabetic FIL to cut down his carbs. His doctors definitely have not recommended a low carb diet.
    Last edited by lakesidetrish; June 21st, 2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Cuz I can't spell!
    Pat aka Lakeside Trish F/48/5'2"
    S/C/G - 168/155/140
    Journal / Stats / Fat Secret

My July Challenges
    20/24 Challenge GOAL!
    July Push Up Challenge
    July DVD/Video Challenge
    July Mileage Challenge
    July Abs Challenge
    July Water Challenge
    July Resistance Band
    Can YOU Take Your Vits?
    Ongoing Challenges
    Pedometer Challenge
    Pledging Flights - Virtual Buildings I:
    Clifton Suspension Bridge
    Route 66 - Illinois
    President's Challenge - week 2 PALA
    6WEC Challenge (start 7/21)

Are you taking your vitamins? Visit the Vita Nutrient Solutions forum to discuss supplementation on Atkins.