Thread: Will the atkins diet help you to lose weight if you have an underactive thyroid?

• Display

Default Will the atkins diet help you to lose weight if you have an underactive thyroid?

I recently found out my thyroid is underactive and that is why I have struggled with my weight for so long. Does anyone know if the atkins diet will work with and underactive thyroid? I am already on meds for my thyroid and it seems to be normal at times when they check it and others off a little. I have only had blood work done twice though.

Default Re: Will the atkins diet help you to lose weight if you have an underactive thyroid?

It can work but it will be slow going. You are going to have to be patient and not compare your progress to others. If you are meds to stimulate the thyroid it will hopefully improve once you are on a stable dosage.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Default Re: Will the atkins diet help you to lose weight if you have an underactive thyroid?

There is a thread in the Atkins For Health Forum that might answer any questions you have about thyroid issues.

Just be patient with yourself and you will succeed!
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

I sure hope that Atkins works, I was severe hyperthyroidism, last summer, had to have the I-131 radiation pill which surely did kill my thyroid, and I believe that my Synthyroid medication is at the correct dose, but will have labs done the end of this month, so will know more when I get the results. I have only lost approximately 2+ lbs. and started Atkins Phase I a week ago today. However, I have noticed that my clothing is fitting much looser and I'm not always so darn hungry that I want to eat everything in the fridge every time I opened the fridge door. So wish me luck.