Thread: Cauliflower Pizza Crust

• Display

Images

Default Cauliflower Pizza Crust

All this talk about chicken pizza crust got me thinking about trying something for our pizza night other than the flax crust we normally use. I honestly don't like the flax crust, but the cauliflower crust sounded even less appealing so we hadn't tried it yet. Last night I made it and...

Well, I was wrong. The cauliflower crust was quite good ~ quite good indeed. And while it will never fool anyone into thinking it's real pizza, it was a far sight closer than the flax crust. As far as preparation goes, it was a snap: steam the florets in the microwave until just beginning to soften, grate them, mix with cheese and an egg, and pre-bake for about 15 minutes. Add the toppings, bake another 10 minutes, and you're done.

I searched this forum for a recipe and, though the cauliflower crust had been discussed often, the only recipe link I could find was dead. The recipe I used was from Your Lighter Side, an excellent website. Here's the link to detailed instructions:
    Original Cauliflower Pizza Crust | Your Lighter Side
    Starting Weight: 332
    Current Weight: 243
    Goal Weight: 180

Images

Default Re: Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Thanks Xiao

out of the many versions of pizza crusts i've tried through the years (pork rind, nut flours, flax) cauliflower has been my favorite!!

Cauliflower was the first one I tried and I just stuck with it. We don't have it often but it's a wonderful treat now and then. Had it today for lunch with enough left over to cover us for dinner with a salad along side.
    SW 195......... March 2007
    Restart 172.4 November 8 2016
    CW 166.4 November 26, 2016
    GW 144

Height 5' 5"
    Age 73 years

now I know this is an old post but ohhh I went looking for a cauliflower pizza crust recipe and tah dah!
    thanks for the posts and the link! I'm trying this - I feel inspired

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    now I know this is an old post but ohhh I went looking for a cauliflower pizza crust recipe and tah dah!
    thanks for the posts and the link! I'm trying this - I feel inspired
    I had to come back and say YUMMY!!!
    I just finished mine and it was deeeelicious. I'll definitely be making this again.
    I don't have a ricer. I just microwaved the cauliflower a wee bit longer than normal - all the water was gone -- then I was just able to mash the cauliflower with a fork.
    I didn't use as much cheese either and all in all it was just what I needed. Off I go smiling

guess what I had for breakfast today mmmmm yes it was this pizza heheeee