Thread: OMG everyone must try this!!!

• Display

Red face OMG everyone must try this!!!

I have both a sweet tooth and coffee addiction, so I tried this cheesecake recipe just fooling around...
    it's great!

3-4 Advantage Triple Chocolate bars ground in food processor for crust.

1/2 cup hot espresso
    1/2 cup hot water
    1 packet unflavored gelatin
    3-4 splenda packets or to taste
    1 package full fat cream cheese (8oz), softened

Grind up bars and line a pie pan or little individual dessert cups.
    Dissolve gelatin in espresso, hot water and add Splenda.
    In a food processor, mix all ingredients (except crust!) until smooth.
    Fill pie pan or dessert cups and chill a few hours in fridge.
    You can make them stronger or milder by using more espresso and less water, or the other way around...

I love them!

Let me know what you think

Images

Default Re: OMG everyone must try this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amandareyna View Post
    I have both a sweet tooth and coffee addiction, so I tried this cheesecake recipe just fooling around...
    it's great!

3-4 Advantage Triple Chocolate bars ground in food processor for crust.

1/2 cup hot espresso
    1/2 cup hot water
    1 packet unflavored gelatin
    3-4 splenda packets or to taste
    1 package full fat cream cheese (8oz), softened

Grind up bars and line a pie pan or little individual dessert cups.
    Dissolve gelatin in espresso, hot water and add Splenda.
    In a food processor, mix all ingredients (except crust!) until smooth.
    Fill pie pan or dessert cups and chill a few hours in fridge.
    You can make them stronger or milder by using more espresso and less water, or the other way around...

I love them!

Let me know what you think

Hi, and Welcome to the board , and thanks for sharing the recipe. It does indeed sound tasty.

But I have to add a few comments.

The Atkins bars, although they say Induction Acceptable on the label, they contain some ingredients not allowed on Induction, and some ingredients not allowed until even further up the OWL ladder. Warning to newbies: Consume at your own risk.

Some people can tolerate the bars, but many more can not. They are too much of a "candy bar" to some of us, and so many can not stop at just one. They wake up our sweet tooth. (Myself included). Even mixed into a recipe, they probably could have the same effect.

One of the very basic ideas of Atkins is too kill the sweet tooth. Sweets are what have got many of us in trouble in the first place.
    Sugary snacks/desserts, portion control of those yummy snacks/desserts can be very challenging to some of us sugar/carb addicts.

And also, we should try to eat clean, and avoid processed foods as much as possible.

So like I said, the recipe sounds yummy, but it can be very dangerous for those who LOVE sweets.

Once someone reaches the nut level of OWL, this recipes can easily be modified to use ground nuts such as almonds, to create a nice crust.

Where are you in your Atkins weight loss journey? Have you just started or are you a long time Atkins follower?

Why don't you introduce yourself here...

THE SPOTLIGHT INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Images

Hello,

That does sound nummy! And sometimes recipes like this do keep us from jumping off the cliff. BUT I have to agree with Mission. To really get a handle on our weigh we need to get a handle on our addictions.....and after 3 years and 60 pounds down I know this.

Beat the sweet addiction and you will make this battle easier for yourself. It can be hard but it is worth it. (coffee is the thing I love...but I add cream and splenda. both demons in my world if I am being totally honest with myself)

I have a long list of wonderful, delicious totally induction friendly sweet treats but I know I cannot keep the ingredients in my house. I abuse them like I abuse the goodies that got me overweight in the first place. It is sad. But it is true.

(Thanks for this recipe however. I will give it to my husband who will lock it away for a very special moment of celebration for me some time in the very VERY distant future )

Candy
    SW 216/CW 166.6/GW 155
    female 5"8" (shrank! now closer to 5'7")
    started Jan 1, 2004
    lowest weight remembered as of 1/17/11 ~185
    restart Jan. 17th, 2011

MINI GOALS:

195 5/6/11
    190 7/6/11
    185 7/28/11
    180 9/16/11
    175 10/21/11
    170 3/30/12 166.2!
    164.4 4/27/12 GOAL!
    ...AND BEYOND!

Revised Goal on 10/21/11 ~ 164.4lbs. ~ Fitday Healthy Weight

"Carbage is never an option."

Ok, fair enough I should have clarified that this recipe is not the best (or at all) for Induction... I also should have put it in the correct forum (I'm new here)!

I am in the OWL phase after reaching my weight loss goal of 30 lbs. My husband is however in the Induction phase and to keep him, as you say, from "jumping off a cliff" and heading for the nearest Snickers bar - a little ramekin of this little gem does the trick!

I assume that the same filling without the crust would be equally as good during induction - I should have tried making this when I was on it!

I did however use the same method during my Induction by making a crust-less cheesecake using cream cheese, unsweetened Kool Aid, Splenda and unflavored gelatin. I also made Atkins friendly Jello this way (without the cream cheese of course!) to satisfy my sweet tooth

Thanks to all...

Amanda

5. Default Re: OMG everyone must try this!!!

moved to ATKINS RECIPE - DESSERTS

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS
    ​​​​​​​​+30

You know I don't support using atkins bars and frozen dinners....But for a nice Thanksgiving dessert.. would be nice...but I get in trouble when I make things like that because I eat the whole thing LOL!! I just whip up some HWC, flavor it..and freeze it...that's about the only thing I do....

Will try this sounds yummy

Starting Weight: 252 1/1/2014
    Current Weight: 242 1
    Goal Weight: 199

I will try it definitely.

Nice recipe. Will definitely try this. Thanks