Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Recipe Advent Calendar

• Display

Images

Default Re: Recipe Advent Calendar

Sally, a cast iron pot on very low heat should do the same. I think amazon uk will send ti Italy and they have slow cookers - I wouldn't want to be without obe anymore
    Best regards
    -Lori

Started at 24th June 2013: 158kg (348 lbs)
    My goal weight is: 70kg (155 lbs)

Images

Default Recipe Advent Calendar 22nd of December - Lemon Cake

250 g almond meal
    6 eggs
    2 Lemons
    3 tb Erithritol
    sweetener
    1 ts creme of tartar

Mascarpone
    sweetener
    Lemon peel
    Pistachios

In a small sauce pan cook the lemons in hot water for an hour. Let cool down and cut in pieces, take all pips out and whisk in a food processor to a smooth pulp. Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites with the creme of tartar until very stiff. whip the egg yolks with the erithritol until fluffy. Add the lemon pulp and the almonds to the egg yolks and add sweetener to taste. Carefully combine the egg whites with the rest and spread into an 8" cake form. Bake at 160 Celsius for 40-50 minutes.
    Serve with the mascarpone cream.

I made a syrup from the juice of one lemon, 2 TB water and erithritol cooked down until it began to thicken and put it onto the cake, but that probably would be too much Erithritol out of the christmas season.
    Best regards
    -Lori

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lori-UK View Post
    Sally, a cast iron pot on very low heat should do the same. I think amazon uk will send ti Italy and they have slow cookers - I wouldn't want to be without obe anymore
    I've tried amazon, but they won't send a slow cooker here They're ok with books, DVDs and small stuff, but not everything unfortunately. Maybe one day I'll drive to and fro. Thanks for the cast iron pot tip.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

F/64 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 59.9 kg.

Images

Sally, I could send it on if you want one.
    Best regards
    -Lori

Images

Default Re: Recipe Advent Calendar 22nd of December - Lemon Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Lori-UK View Post
    In a small sauce pan cook the lemons in hot water for an hour. Let cool down and cut in pieces, take all pips out and whisk in a food processor to a smooth pulp. Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites with the creme of tartar until very stiff. whip the egg yolks with the erithritol until fluffy. Add the lemon pulp and the almonds to the egg yolks and add sweetener to taste. Carefully combine the egg whites with the rest and spread into an 8" cake form. Bake at 160 Celsius for 40-50 minutes.

HAH !! You got me, I had to go look up pips : This sounds wonderful (I LOVE Lemon), but a question for the pulp. You say cut the lemon in pieces, take all "pips" (seeds) out, and whisk in a food processor. I don't want to assume... is that peel, juice, pulp and all?

Thank You So Much for all the work you have put into your Advent calendar and sharing these.
    ~This is not a diet... It is My Life ~

Images

Hello Kntrylady,

yes, pips are seeds they are called that around here And yes, you cook the whole lemons and put all of it except the seeds into the food processor - you can also make it with oranges instead, but that's lots more carbs. The peel will give most of the aroma to the cake.
    Best regards
    -Lori

Images

Default Recipe Advent Calendar 23nd of December - Devilled Eggs

I wanted to do a recipe for gyros in Metaxa Sauce today, but as the spice mixture for it includes 16 different spices and herbs I thought that probably nearly everyone would be put off by it - it's delicious, but if I see a recipe where I first have to buy spices for a fortune I tend to never make it. So today it's finger food again - devilled eggs. I love them, because I normally always have HB eggs in the house and they are very quick to make. The recipe is really easy.

hard boiled eggs, halved, egg yolk taken out
    mayonnaise
    spices, condiments

Put the egg yolks into several little bowls and mash them up. In each bowl add the seasoning you want to have and then enough mayonnaise to make a smooth paste. Fill back the paste into the eggs and decorate with a few herbs.

I used:

tuna and onions
    curry and a little sweetener
    mustard and dill
    sun dried tomatoes

photo.jpg
    Best regards
    -Lori

Images

Bump... With the Christmas season I was thinking about Lori and this wonderful thread she did for Advent...

.... Enjoy >>> and Merry Christmas Lori
    ~This is not a diet... It is My Life ~

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567