Thread: Vitamines

• Display

Default Vitamines

hi guys!
    today i was going crazy trying to find a multivitamin without iron..there are none. Also got a nice lecture from the shop assistent telling me that iron is important and i should take it..

now i dont know what to get..its either kids vitamins or multiple vitamin complexes (like a jar for c, a jar for b and so on..) which is not really great.

im planning to ask someone from germany to send them over to me, but while i wait what can i take? should i go for the kiddy ones?! any specific vitamins that are more important than others?
    5'1''/27/f

Default Re: Vitamines

I hope it's ok to post the name brand here...but I like the brand "Nature Made 50+ no iron" you can find them online too

thanx, thats the ones i found too. but they costs like 40euro in the netherlands...
    5'1''/27/f

Images

Here in the US there are many brands for Seniors that do not have iron. Maybe you have them there, too.

Too much iron can be toxic, so that is why we should not take vitamins with iron when following Atkins. It is presumed that we get enough iron if we follow Atkins properly.

*There are reasons that seniors are not supposed to get too much iron. They can be found on various websites if you are interested.

Images

Do you have Aldi nearby? I think you have them where you live. Aldi may have a Senior Vitamin. Aldi stores in the US usually have very low prices.

By the way, my sons spent 2 nights in Amsterdam over New Years. They were visiting relatives in a nearby country, and they went to Amsterdam with 2 cousins for the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by mission to lose View Post
    Do you have Aldi nearby? I think you have them where you live. Aldi may have a Senior Vitamin. Aldi stores in the US usually have very low prices.

By the way, my sons spent 2 nights in Amsterdam over New Years. They were visiting relatives in a nearby country, and they went to Amsterdam with 2 cousins for the holiday.
    Hope you sons had fun! Amsterdam is such a fun city!

yep, we got an Aldi but i never go. i did find a kind, AXIUM multi for who is interested, without iron.from a webstore.
    was a challange!
    i went to a local drug store today as they has atkins product 50% off and wanted to try something (following the Dutch atkins website). i checked ALL their vitamins and i found NOTHING without. just 1 kind of kiddy vitamins.
    i think it is extremely weird and dangerous to just add iron to EVERYTHING!
    i know i took a vitamin B supplement before i became pregnant and that one contained iron. well after a week i felt so very tired and my eyes hurt and could not see very well. i was told it was because of the iron. i was always on a low carb lifestyle so i think i had all the iron i needed.

i will look into the senior vitamins though, did not think about that one.

I agree with Mission, try Centrium Silver, senior ones. Or any of the senior one-a-day versions... Only ones without iron that I could find and I got them very in expensively at Walmart by buying the store brand (6-7$), if I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    F/35/5'10"
    SW:201 CW:181.0 GW: (a fit) 160-165

"SHE THOUGHT SHE COULD. SO SHE DID."
    X3x9x6

I am fond of Alive! for women over 50. I can usually get them on Amazon for less than my local store.

Images

FYI if you live near a Family Dollar they have the family wellness brand of 50+ vitamins on sale this week for 1/2 off. I picked up a bottle for $2.25. THey are the same as the centrum silver but its the family dollar brand.
    Ran

Images

It may be a slight inconvenience to have separate bottles for your nutrients, but over many years, I've found they offer quite an advantage. Though I do have to load containers periodically with my regimen, this time offers the chance to review what I'm taking, compare whether my needs for specific ones may have changed due to changes in my diet, stresses, changes in meds, or temporary needs for boosting one or more, such as having an illness (or pending one, such as sick family exposure).
    Also, I can customize the doses far more than standard multies at a low price offer, and best of all, save money in the long run by stocking up from time to time with great deals that can be found shopping auction sites such as eBay. Sometimes the soon to expire are greatly discounted in retail health stores, too. I keep the extras frozen to stop the loss of potency. The money saved outweighs a slightly less potent, extra strength product (typically about $2-$3 per bottle versus a normal retail of $20-$30, for example). Of course, this isn't always true- some minerals such as potassium & magnesium are pretty cheap.
    ~Susan
    STAC MEMBER________________________Age: gettin' older/sex: F/ height: shrinkin' - Is there a TTAC?

I'm back... Third time's the charm, right? Hoping to "get carded" again someday as my youthful looks return ....I hope!!!
    This is my REAL Goal:...

Goal: Just DO It!