Thread: Biggest Loser - great motivational show last night

• Display

Blog Entries

Default Biggest Loser - great motivational show last night

Does anyone on this forum happen to watch the Biggest Loser? I love that show, and found last night's episode to be especially motivating. It was kind of ironic because I'd just been 'chatting' in a forum here earlier in the day, where we were discussing how tough it is to get re-motivated to stick like glue to the diet after the holidays.

On last night's show, the contestants travelled from the BL ranch to stay a week in Park City, Utah, to spend time training with our Olympic hopefuls. Shockingly, three of the contestants gained weight, and only one of them had a considerable loss for the week. They talked about how tough it is to be out of one's normal zone, where they are used to 'being good', and no temptations around them. Even though they were surrounded by hard-working athletes in Utah, they were eating in a huge cafeteria with unlimited choices, included tons of desserts, breads, etc. that they aren't normally exposed to at the BL ranch, and their exercise time was reduced due to the schedule they were on. That sure rang back to how we are all feeling coming off traveling for holidays and being exposed to all those treats and feasts.

The most meaningful (for me) moment of the show was when Apollo Ohno spoke to the group and told them, "What's in your head is the most important thing when it comes to reaching your goals. So make sure, the very first thing you do in the morning is to tell yourself 'I'm going for it all the way today!' Then take a few seconds to visualize having a successful day." He went on to explain how a few years back, he went from being at the top of his game (speed skating) to coming in dead last at the Olympic try-outs that year. He said something his father told him afterward is what made all the difference in him making a tremendous come-back to #1 again. Apollo's father told him, "You have two choices - keep doing what you're doing (not working), or make up your mind to get all the way in mentally and go for it. It's the choices you make, starting with the first thought of the day, and going from there, that will decide your outcome."

Images

Default Re: Biggest Loser - great motivational show last night

I watched it. It was a very different episode than normal.. in a good way. It was really interesting and inspiring to see the vulnerabilities of the contestants and goes to show that there are times of weakness in everyone, whether they have daily access to the trainers or not. Loved it! Cant wait to see makeover week!
    Michelle[proud half-marathoner!]
    25 years old - 5'4"
    204/147/130

Started Insanity 11/04/14
    "I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm just trying to make you better." - Shaun T.

I don't watch the show anymore but I whole-heartedly believe in getting yourself motivated in the morning. And the best thing for me is to exercise. Lots of times I say to myself, 'I don't feel like it', but then I say, 'It doesn't matter how I feel right now...what matters is how I'll feel when I'm done'. Then I picture myself all sweaty and pumped and think, 'Yeah, that's the way I want to feel'!
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

Blog Entries

Me too! Jennifer is my personal favorite. She's such a beautiful lady, and her beauty seems to be on the inside too. I'm a mom of two 16-yr old daughters, so I really felt for Jennifer when she revealed in an earlier show that she feels like a bad parent because her nine-yr old daughter is 70 pounds overweight. That has to be very painful for both of them.

My daughters happen to have been blessed with good metabolisms (from their dad's side - definitely not mine!), so I don't have that guilt to deal with, but I do feel very guilty for being 70+pounds overweight through all of their past childhood years. Kids want and need to feel proud of their parents. And parents are supposed to set an example, but I sure haven't been doing that. At least not until I got with it a couple months ago and started Atkins. I've still got 55-lbs to lose, and it's been such a blessing to have my girls by my side encouraging me. Hopefully, Jennifer can do the same for her daughter when she gets home.